LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 26 2013

AVOlio

Windows 8 BSOD

So i was playing Battlefield 3 like i always do , the electricity goes and the PC turns off.
I start it again , but windows won't log in.

After loading, it's giving me a page with a sad face on the left , and some sentence to the right, which i cant' read cause the screen pops for such a short time.

I googled using my brother's PC,  turns out it is the "Blue Screen Of Death"
Found some solutions but it includes having a windows 8 CD to boot from , which i don't have.

Are there any other solutions ?

#2 August 26 2013

riqmarmes

Re: Windows 8 BSOD

you might be able to revert to an older "backup\version" of windows, through the BIOS. (I don't know if the option is still available for windows 8.)  It's basically 3 options or so: Boot windows normaly, or boot an older version of windows and a third option.
===> How I usually reach that stage: power the pc, let it get as far as possible in the booting and switch the pc off during the windows logo, at some point the PC will ask you to chose an option with a timer, before booting windows.
If that doesn't work or you can't revert back. You'll most probably need a windows 8 disk.

And you should get a UPS if you don't have one. There might be a chance that some data got corrupt because of the physical drive (I think), or simply one windows file that was being edited.

Last edited by riqmarmes (August 26 2013)

#3 August 26 2013

AVOlio

Re: Windows 8 BSOD

Humm,  thanks for your help riqmarmes.
But i contacted some of the members here and they helped me with it. and it works fine now.
Basically i just left it to boot, after the BSOD it restarted and started automatic repair, and i just left it for more than a couple of hours maybe, and it worked fine in the end .

Board footer