LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 11 2006

lcube

ebay and other

Hello everyone,

just thought of asking

1- does anyone of you trade on ebay?
2- if yes, what payment options do you use
3 - Also, does anyone have or use a paypal account?
4- if yes, how do you do so? and any processor that works for lebanon?
5- What about 2checkout.com? any used it before? what was the turnaround etc...
6- any experience with moneybookers?
7- how about google adsense, I see you folks use it here, anyone got paid in Lebanon from it?

Last edited by lcube (March 11 2006)

#2 March 11 2006

samer
Admin

Re: ebay and other

welcome lcube :) glad to have you here.
I can only respond to Q7: yes, I have already received a cheque from google. Make sure you include your POBOX.

#3 March 12 2006

lcube

Thanks for the warm welcome Samer.
How much do you get charged to cash it? Also, on the exemption form, do you specify that you have no american business? I mean it's not american, but what if the hosting is in there, does it count?

#4 March 13 2006

rolf

I just know that last time I tried to register for paypal (a year ago?) I could not because lebanon is not supported.

#5 March 13 2006

toxic

btw in lebanon we can't buy paypal so you won't have an account to use

i tried alot some sites only accept paypal
which is stupid i have no idea y they dont support credit card and paypal

#6 March 13 2006

toxic wrote:

For a website to enable real time credit card processing it requires alot of resources and money.  Each transaction will cost the owner of the website an X amount of dollars, they need a bank account and they need to pay a monthly fee.  So theres a chance they won't make money.  Also building a website with CC processing is not easy either.

I don't see what the problem is if you have a credit car.  Just add your credit card to paypal, and pay from there.  Afterall, paypal is a 3rd party used by websites to accept credit cards.

#7 March 17 2006

WizaRd

NewBie wrote:
toxic wrote:

For a website to enable real time credit card processing it requires alot of resources and money.  Each transaction will cost the owner of the website an X amount of dollars, they need a bank account and they need to pay a monthly fee.  So theres a chance they won't make money.  Also building a website with CC processing is not easy either.

I don't see what the problem is if you have a credit car.  Just add your credit card to paypal, and pay from there.  Afterall, paypal is a 3rd party used by websites to accept credit cards.

the idea is.. what would you do if your country isnt listed on paypal ?

#8 March 17 2006

mahdoum

email them directly and see if something can be worked out, the worst experience I had was with a gadgets company (don't remember which one) that had some cool stuff but wouldn't deliver to Lebanon, when I asked them why they replied they have recieved too much fraudlent information from here.

Well I wish something could be done, but I guess there are more important things to fix in the country first ;)

Board footer