LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 16 2013

KingOmar

Android Online Database.

Hello everybody, i'm currently developing an android application that works with database.
Well, the idea is to make an application that have the price list of every android phone in every Arabic country registered in a Database( Microsoft Access).
I uploaded the database on the internet, but my problem is : how to connect my application to the server and get the information stored in the tables?
Thanks!

#2 June 16 2013

Joe

Re: Android Online Database.

Omar, virtually every app on Android connects one way or another to an online database.
Search for an tutorial about Android app dev. It's almost sure that it will have a chapter on databases.

#3 June 16 2013

KingOmar

Hello rahmu and thanks for you reply.
Before posting here, i did my research on database and found a lot of tutorials about it.
But many of the tutorials taught me like how to create a database inside the application or use the information from an external database but not online.

#4 June 17 2013

user

Don't connect the android app itself to the database (that would be risky) instead what you do is, you write a php file on your database server that performs the query operations and talks to the android app. What you need to use is apache http post and get from the android to talk to the php file... I remember doing a small demo app that worked like that long ago, I am a bit fuzzy on the specifics now. But that was my general strategy

Last edited by user (June 17 2013)

#5 June 21 2013

KingOmar

Thanks i did exactly what you told me to do and it worked! Thank you alot

#6 June 24 2013

user

Glad to help :)

Board footer