LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 6 2013

LifeEngineer

Google Now

Hey guys!

I own a Nexus 4 and I lately decided to give Google Now a shot! I can sacrifice some battery drain for having a smarter experience overall (it's a smartphone after all! :) )

So I enabled Google now for more than a week and I enabled ALL the options, all the cards everything even with Notifications and EVERYTHING!
In this full week I did not get any notification or any card by its own! Even the weather which is said to appear each morning didn't appear! I had to go into google now by myself (swiping up on soft buttons) to access some basic cards like next appointment or such. I also asked for weather many times in hope to start getting it automatically but Nope!

At the end, I disabled it and re-enabled it just in case but had the same result! (I read that on some website).

Do you have any experience with google now in here (Lebanon)? Any tips? Anything wrong I'm doing?

Cheers!

Last edited by LifeEngineer (June 7 2013)

#2 June 6 2013

AvoK95

Re: Google Now

I use Google Now all the time, there was an update yesterday, did you install it ?

#3 June 7 2013

LifeEngineer

AvoK95 wrote:

I use Google Now all the time, there was an update yesterday, did you install it ?

Could you be more elaborate please?
You use it by going into it to check your cards or you mean you get cards and notifications from it by its own?
Nop I didn't install yesterday's update but I guess it wont be doing any good! I will update it anyway.

#4 June 7 2013

AvoK95

LifeEngineer wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

Could you be more elaborate please?
You use it by going into it to check your cards or you mean you get cards and notifications from it by its own?
Nop I didn't install yesterday's update but I guess it wont be doing any good! I will update it anyway.

I go into it and check my cards. It's working just fine with me. But recently some of the cards have been on top of each other. Google is working so hard on Google now to be available on the Desktop and other devices, I guess they'll fix it with an update sooner or later..

#5 June 7 2013

Ziad87

LifeEngineer, I am experiencing the same issue. I mainly use the research topics card and the monthly exercise card. They only recently (last week) started appearing. From before, it was always empty and I was not getting the monthly card that shows how much I walked/biked.

However, I'm not getting any of the other cards like weather and birthdays.

#6 June 7 2013

LifeEngineer

Ziad87 wrote:

LifeEngineer, I am experiencing the same issue. I mainly use the research topics card and the monthly exercise card. They only recently (last week) started appearing. From before, it was always empty and I was not getting the monthly card that shows how much I walked/biked.

However, I'm not getting any of the other cards like weather and birthdays.

Yeah really sad. I wanted to experience this awesome experience!
Just imagine in your day you get all the info you need, reminders, birthdays, weather and traffic in the morning (although I doubt traffic is supported in Lebanon). Also there's some restaurants or cinemas that show by themselves when you are in downtown etc...

It's really a genius idea!

Anyone has a tip or something?

#7 June 12 2013

Vartan

keep your gps on, set your home and work location.
with time it will learn where you go what you do and start suggesting things.
after 45 days it started showing notifications of weather now and maybe later traffic condition  and locations i may like etc :)
i don't use the calender for meetings.. or else it would show by now.

Board footer