LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 6 2013

Seth

Hello (is this a trend? )

Hello, Seth here. Noticed that most threads started with "hello/hi/...", so I blindly did the same thing!
I've known about these forums for some time but never really thought of registering until now. Why you might ask (or not)? Well, I've recently been interested in buying a new gaming laptop and I've noticed that this site is particularly helpful in all things tech within Lebanon (because let's face it, you mostly don't find any good tech support/stores/shops unless you know someone in the domain). So, I've now decided to join in the hopes of mingling with the Lebgeeks community, which I think I should be able to relate to :)

As for myself, I guess you could somewhat call me a geek, although everything is relative. For instance, I'm pretty sure I suck badly at programming and computer engineering when compared to the users on this forum, so I might appear as one of those average ignorants (e.g. "wai do u play PS1 on yur phone, u can liek find an application for that on teh appstorez lulz" - random idiot that has no clue whatsoever of how any piece of phone software even works).
What I do "work" on a lot is gaming, RPG and MMO-gaming specifically (and yes, I hate 90% of all FPS games, including CoD). I enjoy Final Fantasy, but spend most of my gaming time playing World of Warcraft PvP, which I think I'm pretty good at (probably the only thing I'd brag about on these forums ;D ). I also play Guild Wars 2, although I'm not touching it much due to the lack of a solid community.

Other information that you might find useless:
-I'm french educated but I prefer the English language
-I like the sens of a community
-I appreciate mangas and even read a "few"
-I hate Apple and love Android
-I love to debate
-  ???
-Profit! (+5 brownie points if you guessed the reference)

Bottom line, I'm hoping to stay attached to these forums if it's lively and all goes well. I've already spotted a few avid posters and I must say that there's a rather positive vibe going around, which is a great first impression :) So.. see you on the forums!

#2 April 6 2013

riqmarmes

Re: Hello (is this a trend? )

Welcome to LebGeeks :)  !

@Admin: You should add "LebGeeks" to the default dictionary. If that's possible.

Last edited by riqmarmes (April 6 2013)

#3 April 6 2013

Joe

Hello and welcome!

There's no single definition of what a "LebGeek" is. I guess my definition is "Anyone who might be interested by the topics we discuss on this forum".

Seth, I hope you'll feel happy here, and you'll become a regular. :-)

#4 April 6 2013

mohammadk97

Hello and Welcome to Lebgeeks  Hope you enjoy it here!

#5 April 7 2013

Seth

Hehe, thanks for the welcome :)
I think I'll be lurking in the games section most after I ask a couple of newb questions

Board footer