LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 27 2006

nuclearcat

Fiber is down for lebanon

Subj. Who feel the changes?
Virtual ISP working :)

#2 January 27 2006

rolf

Re: Fiber is down for lebanon

mmm... yeah? could you give more details?
I have great hope in VISP by the way and I think next time I'll get a connection it will be from VISP (boya, boya...)
No seriously, I have tried sodetel and IDM (biggest ISP in lebanon) , they both sucked, each in its own way, and I have heard there is much traffic on cyberia... so that leaves me only with VISP, who until now are making a very good impression.

Last edited by rolf (January 27 2006)

#3 January 27 2006

mahdoum

what are the prices of visp, and what kind of connections do they offer?

#4 January 27 2006

nuclearcat

About details - i heard fiber broken somewhere in Egypt.

I am working with the VISP. But, regarding prices i cannot tell any details, i am in the technical team. You can call the office 01 247373 (if i am not wrong, i am not in touch with those issues at all).
It is young ISP, but we are also trying to be more flexible, than existing ISP's. On my expirience, to compare with Russia and Ukraine there is no real feedback from customers, to analyse their needs. Still there is many things to do, but i think with lebgeeks i can try to improve lebanese internet :)
I know, major needs it is cheap internet. Management team working on that. My point is technical part. I think we can propose interesting solutions for people who want to play online, speak on skype with good voice and video quality, make a way to download large movies and software ISO's... this is most important from me.

Btw, in Russia and Ukraine big % of internet market, is the same as named "illegal cable" in lebanon. It is Ethernet ISP's. I wish in future Ethernet ISP can be legal.

And sorry for my bad english, my native language is russian.

#5 January 28 2006

rolf

nuclearcat wrote:

And sorry for my bad english, my native language is russian.

bad english? where?
haha welcome tovarich!

#6 January 29 2006

nuclearcat

rolf - WOW :)
Thanks.

Board footer