LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 4 2006

rolf

V2 !!!!

V2 is here guys and it looks great.

Samer, as next steps I propose to:
- Integrate the looks of the forums with V2
- Advertize this site so more people can enjoy it (or not - we dont want anyone to register either...:/)
- Organise a grand opening party ? ;)

Congratulation!

Last edited by rolf (January 4 2006)

#2 January 4 2006

Cyril

Re: V2 !!!!

Great work , but there is one thing that i did not like , its the colour of the banner , in the front page of the blog
- The background colour of this > http://www.lebgeeks.com/wp-content/them … g/logo.gif
Other then that gr8 job (Y)

#3 January 4 2006

samer
Admin

Advertize this site so more people can enjoy it (or not - we dont want anyone to register either...hmm)

i'm afraid we don't really have an advertising budget. If users can donate the ad space, then why not ^^

Integrate the looks of the forums with V2

I was going to do that in the first place, but wanted to publish it ASAP, so yes, maybe in the future.

Organise a grand opening party

Maybe a meeting, in the near future :)

Congratulation!

Thanks !

@cartman: what color should I use ? (currently i'm using #EEEEFF)

#4 January 5 2006

rolf

Samer wrote:

Advertize this site so more people can enjoy it (or not - we dont want anyone to register either...hmm)

i'm afraid we don't really have an advertising budget. If users can donate the ad space, then why not ^^

Well I was thinking about just hanging photocopies in the university. You can also do thing such as go to network places and hang an adversement there. They'll probably ask you to write an article on the site in exchange. It's all almost free but takes a bit of time.

#5 January 5 2006

Cyril

Samer how abt a grey colour , or a metalic one

#6 January 5 2006

samer
Admin

@rolf: good idea, i'm going to talk with the Neo crew.
@cartman: well the abckground of the main content is "grey", i wanted to make some kind of ocntrast between the header and the content.

#7 January 5 2006

Cyril

Samer try : #CCCCCC
Dont you think it would be better ?

#8 January 5 2006

mahdoum

hehe mabrouk Samer, thanks for the long awaited V2. Looks really really good :)

Just one thing that annoyed me, why is the announcement in all the categories and not only the announcement cat?

Last edited by mahdoum (January 5 2006)

#9 January 5 2006

gogo

congrat bro :)

#10 January 5 2006

samer
Admin

Samer try : #CCCCCC

too dark ^^

Just one thing that annoyed me, why is the announcement in all the categories and not only the announcement cat?

if the categories are void, they won't appear in the sidebar, so I posted the annoucement to all the categories so that they appear, it's annoying, I know - but if they don't appear the layout would look really bad.

thx gogo :)

Board footer