LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 24 2005

samer
Admin

XBOX 360, released on monday

I'm a little late, I know :)

the Xbox 360 console was released monday (22 nov.) many American electronics stores sold out of the coveted console on the first day it went on sale and many who queued overnight were left empty handed. Some wise `ebayers` (re)sold their new console for ~$600 (while stores were selling it for $400 before they went out of stock). As you may know, Microsoft is selling the Xbox 360 in two bundles but few gamers seemed happy to settle for the cheaper version of the unit that does not have a 20 GB hard drive.

I wonder when they'll arrive to Lebanon (a few months maybe?) & when we'll be able to get them for an affordable price (few years maybe? :lol:).

#2 November 24 2005

mahdoum

Re: XBOX 360, released on monday

lol yeah years probably  the psp is still being sold for $400 at virgin, my friend bought it for $400 when it first came out in Japan. lol

#3 November 24 2005

samer
Admin

lol yeah years probably

if 2 days meant 2 years in the news business

#4 November 24 2005

karim soubra

a brawl has broken in one of the walmart it ended up with security closing the store and cancelling the whole event

#5 November 25 2005

mahdoum

xbox 360 has been found to crash

#6 November 25 2005

mezin

monday 22 :S ? i think you meant tuesday

#7 November 26 2005

darkstar

yeah some xbox 360 are defective , others (most) are overheating and locking up .. although i am not a console gamer i do prefer the PS3

#8 November 26 2005

rolf

xbox 360 has been found to crash

hahaha... microsoft, ca va de soi

#9 November 26 2005

samer
Admin

@rolf: hehe, mni7a :lol:
@mazen: eh, my bad :)

#10 December 4 2005

Halo

Hi.

Sorry, I wanted to change my post so I pressed stop right before it was about to post it, but it still posted it

#11 December 4 2005

Halo

2 of my friends on Xbox Live already bought it.

They seem pretty happy with it, considering it still has the same Xbox Live, just different games. But you can still play Xbox games on Xbox 360, so that means that mostly everyone will still continue to play Halo 2 on Xbox Live even if they have Xbox 360 because Xbox 360 can play Halo 2 on Xbox Live :)

#12 December 5 2005

Halo

Good news everyone.

I'm getting Xbox 360 for Christmas because my relative is coming to Lebanon this Christmas so I'll just buy an Xbox 360 over Ebay ( my dad still has an Ebay account ) and send it to her address. Then she gets it in the mail and brings it with her to Lebanon and then she gives it to me.

It all works out...

I'm going to ask for some more stuff too like maybe a PSP, some Xbox Games, an IPod Video...

Of course we're going to have to pay for the stuff though :)

Board footer