LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 19 2012

AntoineH

CableVision installation

Hello, sorry if this question has been posted earlier and hope the topic won't get closed. If I want to install a CableVision setup, can I add a Nilesat LNB to the dish also?

#2 July 19 2012

NuclearVision

Re: CableVision installation

I think you won't need it, though cablevision will supply major channels, and probably all channels you need.
I repeat, I/m not totally sure, i'm just assuming.

#3 July 19 2012

AntoineH

Some channels are not available on CableVision,  so can I also install a Nilesat LNB alongside the CableVision LNB?

#4 July 19 2012

ballad

AntoineH wrote:

Some channels are not available on CableVision,  so can I also install a Nilesat LNB alongside the CableVision LNB?

my receiver has that option
I have a nilesat dish along with a european dish on the same receiver

#5 July 19 2012

jadz

You can add many satellites to one reciever you need a disecq switch all your LNBs get connected to it its a sort of combiner, i dont know about installing 2LNBs on 1 dish but its doable but i dont think it would work with cable vision and nilesat

#6 July 19 2012

ahk40a

Cable Vision is not a satellite based transmission service; it uses on earth network hence, you have to put the satellite dish in a very low angle to get the signal. It will be difficult to add the Nilesat LNB to it.
What you can do is get one satellite Dish and put on it three LNBs, Nilesat, Arabsat and Hotbird, and the small one for the cablevision, all connected via one disecq.
Certain config should be made to the receiver to identify which sat is connected to which port of the disecq.

#7 July 20 2012

AntoineH

ahk40a wrote:

Cable Vision is not a satellite based transmission service; it uses on earth network hence, you have to put the satellite dish in a very low angle to get the signal. It will be difficult to add the Nilesat LNB to it.
What you can do is get one satellite Dish and put on it three LNBs, Nilesat, Arabsat and Hotbird, and the small one for the cablevision, all connected via one disecq.
Certain config should be made to the receiver to identify which sat is connected to which port of the disecq.

I asked the satellite installation guy, he told me that is impossible to install Nilesat and Arabsat on the same dish. Is that true?

#8 July 20 2012

yasamoka

AntoineH wrote:

I asked the satellite installation guy, he told me that is impossible to install Nilesat and Arabsat on the same dish. Is that true?

Of course it is impossible. Each requires the dish to be at a certain angle, pointed towards a certain direction. You can only get one Satellite connection on a dish at a time. You would have to move back and forth between the two orientations, or get two dishes, one towards Arabsat, and one towards Nilesat.

#9 July 20 2012

ballad

AntoineH wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

of course man you can't use them
the dish is for 30$ so not big of a deal

#10 July 20 2012

AntoineH

ballad wrote:
AntoineH wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

of course man you can't use them
the dish is for 30$ so not big of a deal

No, I meant on another wider dish.

#11 July 20 2012

ahk40a

AntoineH wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

Cable Vision is not a <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#"><a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">satellite</a></a> based transmission service; it uses on earth network hence, you have to put the satellite dish in a very low angle to get the signal. It will be difficult to add the Nilesat LNB to it.
What you can do is get one <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#"><a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">satellite Dish</a></a> and put on it three LNBs, Nilesat, Arabsat and Hotbird, and the small one for the cablevision, all connected via one disecq.

Well you should consult another satellite guy, it seems he just want to sell extra equipment.
At my resident I have one satellite dish, installed on it three LNBs for the following:
Nilesat, Arabsat and Hotbird.
Two LNBs are near to each other centered with the dish used for Arabsat and hotbird and one side ways for Nilesat. I will try to provide you with a picture of the configuration tomorrow.

Edit: What is impossible to put is the Nilesat with Cablevision.

Last edited by ahk40a (July 20 2012)

#12 July 22 2012

AVOlio

Guys, i got the new Starsat SR 2000 HD.
Its great, it opens most of the scrambled channels on Nilesat and Hotbird.  Through installed servers on the receiver with internet of course.
Without OSN and AD Sports chain on Nilesat of course.

My question is guys,
Does any one of you know where to download and how to install these servers on the receiver?
I want the OSN server, and AD. 
Then my TV world would be perfect !

#13 July 22 2012

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

Guys, i got the new Starsat SR 2000 HD.
Its great, it opens most of the scrambled channels on Nilesat and Hotbird.  Through installed servers on the receiver with internet of course.
Without OSN and AD Sports chain on Nilesat of course.

My question is guys,
Does any one of you know where to download and how to install these servers on the receiver?
I want the OSN server, and AD. 
Then my TV world would be perfect !

you can't get the osn server
do you have the network cable connected to the receiver directly or to a dongle?

#14 July 22 2012

AVOlio

What do you mean i cant get it ?!
I cant get it at ALL or you mean i cant get it for free and download it from the internet...

I have a USB wireless adapter connected to the receiver, thats how i have internet connection on it,
And internet connection is all i need to open the scrambled channels, not dongles or anything.

#15 July 22 2012

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

I have a USB wireless adapter connected to the receiver, thats how i have internet connection on it,
And internet connection is all i need to open the scrambled channels, not dongles or anything.

there will come a time when it won't decode channels anymore and you will have to buy a dongle

Last edited by ballad (July 23 2012)

#16 July 23 2012

AVOlio

Yea After 1 year.
And no, i will just go to him and he will update the servers.

#17 September 18 2012

d3ad

is anyone using cablevision on a Linux based Box, I used to get the channels instantly using the frequencies and symbol rate @30000. But now i dont seem to get a lock on it

#18 September 20 2012

bnl5l2

some of cablevision channel are locked...is there anyway to unlock them??

Board footer