LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 12 2012

AvoK95
Member

How to configure any DSL Modem

I created this post because everybody keeps posting on how to configure their modem.

-Modem Configuration For Thomson 585 (Wireless)
-Modem Configuration For Sagem 1200 & 2400
-Modem Configuration For SpeedTouch 546 & 510
-Modem Configuration For TP-Link
-Modem Configuration For Linksys
-HDSL- Subnet of 8 IPs Configuration Over Speedtouch 605

Be sure to use the username provided by your ISP and make sure to use your ISP's name as the usernames domain name (ex. Cybera= [email protected])

After configuration make sure to restart your modem (Turn it of then on again).

Hope this post helped some people.

Last edited by AvoK95 (August 22 2012)

Offline

#2 May 13 2012

samer
Administrator

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

That should be useful, I made this as a sticky. Thanks Avo!

Offline

#3 July 13 2012

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

The links won't work if you're not a SodeTel user.
But no worries I'll upload the files somewhere else an link them. Just notify me when the links get broken.

Offline

#4 July 13 2012

Aly
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

AvoK95 wrote:

The links won't work if you're not a SodeTel user.
But no worries I'll upload the files somewhere else an link them. Just notify me when the links get broken.

No I am using Ogero right now and the links worked from my end ;)

Offline

#5 July 13 2012

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Aly wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

The links won't work if you're not a SodeTel user.
But no worries I'll upload the files somewhere else an link them. Just notify me when the links get broken.

No I am using Ogero right now and the links worked from my end ;)

I tried opening them from work, we use Cyberia and it wants a username and password from SodeTel to open them.

Offline

#6 August 22 2012

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Links have been updated. Please post if any of the links are broken and they will be immediately be fixed.

Offline

#7 August 25 2012

moussawi
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Hello
Thanks for sharing this.
I have a silly question: is there a default login/password? Is there a hardware trick to authenticate?
Thanks

Offline

#8 August 25 2012

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Default username and passwords for most devices are :
User: admin
Password: admin

OR

User: user
Password: user

OR

User:
Password:user

OR

User: user
Password:

Offline

#9 October 5 2012

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Anyone has the Cyberia setup settings for Thomson 585?
The one posted is for sodetel

Offline

#10 November 2 2012

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

@vegataleb
The steps are universal. The only thing that changes is the username. Instead of @sodetel.net.lb type your own username ([email protected])

Offline

#11 December 25 2012

Che92
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

AvoK95 wrote:

I created this post because everybody keeps posting on how to configure their modem.

-Modem Configuration For Thomson 585 (Wireless)
-Modem Configuration For Sagem 1200 & 2400
-Modem Configuration For SpeedTouch 546 & 510
-Modem Configuration For TP-Link
-Modem Configuration For Linksys
-HDSL- Subnet of 8 IPs Configuration Over Speedtouch 605

Be sure to use the username provided by your ISP and make sure to use your ISP's name as the usernames domain name (ex. Cybera= [email protected])

After configuration make sure to restart your modem (Turn it of then on again).

Hope this post helped some people.

AvoK95 the configuration of TP-link has changed. I had no idea what to do. many many more fields.

Offline

#12 December 27 2012

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Che92 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

I created this post because everybody keeps posting on how to configure their modem.

-Modem Configuration For Thomson 585 (Wireless)
-Modem Configuration For Sagem 1200 & 2400
-Modem Configuration For SpeedTouch 546 & 510
-Modem Configuration For TP-Link
-Modem Configuration For Linksys
-HDSL- Subnet of 8 IPs Configuration Over Speedtouch 605

Be sure to use the username provided by your ISP and make sure to use your ISP's name as the usernames domain name (ex. Cybera= [email protected])

After configuration make sure to restart your modem (Turn it of then on again).

Hope this post helped some people.

AvoK95 the configuration of TP-link has changed. I had no idea what to do. many many more fields.

Can you send me a screen shot or something ?

Offline

#13 September 13 2013

AvoK95
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

anassouh wrote:

Please I need for configuration for Cisco Router 877w.
Thank you

Use the Linksys reference

Offline

#14 January 24 2015

ike
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Hello guys,

I have the Thomson TG585 router and it's shit. Whenever the electricity is off, which happens 5-6 times a day, I have to open the router page, and manually connect to the internet. Of course getting a new router from Ogero is the last option for me, but I was willing to get the Linksys X2000 Wireless-N Router with ADSL2+ Modem (http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-X2000-Wir … B005HFJFHW).

My questions are:
1- Does it work with Ogero DSL or only specific routers are accepted?
2- If it does, would the guide in the main post work for it as well?
3- I retrieved my password by viewing the "Page Source" of the configuration page, I don't remember exactly what steps I went through, but I still have it saved. Is this the correct method to retrieve the password?

Thanks.

Offline

#15 January 25 2015

comando92
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Hi ike,
1- it should work if configured properlym
3- it is a correct way to retrieve password

try it and let us know, you have nothing to loose, keep your Ogero dsl intact just in case you didn't succeed.

good luck

Offline

#16 July 6 2016

shady282
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

I m subscribed with IDM and i have a technicolor modem, and i was wondering how can i block a website or IP through the modem by filtering it. thanks!

Offline

#17 May 19 2017

Makaveli84
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

I am trying to configure a sagemcom [email protected] 3864 ADSL modem to work with OGERO. I retrieved the username and password from the old Technicolor modem, but I can't seem to set the default Gateway and DNS  in the new one. The result so far is that the new modem connects to the OGERO network but with no internet connection. Diagnostic tools report that authentication failed.

Any ideas?

Offline

#18 May 23 2017

vengeance666
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Makaveli84 wrote:

I am trying to configure a sagemcom [email protected] 3864 ADSL modem to work with OGERO. I retrieved the username and password from the old Technicolor modem, but I can't seem to set the default Gateway and DNS  in the new one. The result so far is that the new modem connects to the OGERO network but with no internet connection. Diagnostic tools report that authentication failed.

Any ideas?

As far as I know, they use mac address filtering on their network. So technically you have 2 choices, either get a modem that supports mac cloning and clone the mac address of your old modem into the new one or take the new one to one of their offices so they register the new mac address themselves. And yea make sure to take the old modem with you or else they will start nagging.

Offline

#19 August 11 2017

dio
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

Hey guys. I just got a new TP-Link router and was wondering if I could configure it myself for my Ogero DSL.

I know the first post includes the router model but it's from 2012. Was wondering if it's still legit.

Offline

#20 August 11 2017

AVOlio
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

dio wrote:

Hey guys. I just got a new TP-Link router and was wondering if I could configure it myself for my Ogero DSL.

I know the first post includes the router model but it's from 2012. Was wondering if it's still legit.

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Offline

#21 August 12 2017

dio
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

AVOlio wrote:
dio wrote:

Hey guys. I just got a new TP-Link router and was wondering if I could configure it myself for my Ogero DSL.

I know the first post includes the router model but it's from 2012. Was wondering if it's still legit.

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Ok thanks. This may seems noobish but where can i find the PPOE username and password?

I searched on Lebgeeks, there is an App you can use in Chrome, it came back with a username and password, thing is the password is only 18 characters long, i thought it was supposed to be 32.

Last edited by dio (August 12 2017)

Offline

#22 August 12 2017

GeorgesHanna
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

dio wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
dio wrote:

Hey guys. I just got a new TP-Link router and was wondering if I could configure it myself for my Ogero DSL.

I know the first post includes the router model but it's from 2012. Was wondering if it's still legit.

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Ok thanks. This may seems noobish but where can i find the PPOE username and password?

I searched on Lebgeeks, there is an App you can use in Chrome, it came back with a username and password, thing is the password is only 18 characters long, i thought it was supposed to be 32.

It's not necessary to be 32 characters long

Offline

#23 August 12 2017

dio
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

GeorgesHanna wrote:
dio wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Ok thanks. This may seems noobish but where can i find the PPOE username and password?

I searched on Lebgeeks, there is an App you can use in Chrome, it came back with a username and password, thing is the password is only 18 characters long, i thought it was supposed to be 32.

It's not necessary to be 32 characters long

Ok thanks!

Offline

#24 August 12 2017

dio
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

AVOlio wrote:
dio wrote:

Hey guys. I just got a new TP-Link router and was wondering if I could configure it myself for my Ogero DSL.

I know the first post includes the router model but it's from 2012. Was wondering if it's still legit.

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Ok so there is no Ogero telcom in the list. Terranet, broadband plus, inconet, moscanet, sodetel, virtual isp, libantelecom. Those are the only ones.

Offline

#25 August 12 2017

GeorgesHanna
Member

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

dio wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
dio wrote:

Hey guys. I just got a new TP-Link router and was wondering if I could configure it myself for my Ogero DSL.

I know the first post includes the router model but it's from 2012. Was wondering if it's still legit.

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Ok so there is no Ogero telcom in the list. Terranet, broadband plus, inconet, moscanet, sodetel, virtual isp, libantelecom. Those are the only ones.

Select libantelecom

Offline

Board footer