LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 2 2011

d3ad

satellite Receiver Help (dreambox)

Hi guys,

The scenario is that i visit beirut every other month for a duration of 15-30 days for work related obligations, therefore i stay at a furnished apt/hotel. now the situation is if i buy cablevision it will cost me alot as i wont be using it, i do own a dreambox which i was thinking of installing and finding a ccam to get some channels worth watching atleast,

The apartment has placed a receiver in each room on which nilesat 101 and Hotbird comes which are enough for me, but I am unable to tune them on my DreamBox 600 pvr to try the CCAM,

Can anyone help me configure it on dreambox as i have no clue about the settings i need to put on the dreambox

I have tried downloading latest list for transponders but i am unable to tune jack :s

#2 June 11 2011

Louis40

Re: satellite Receiver Help (dreambox)

Hi,
In order for you to make your DM work on CCcam you would need first an internet connection, second a subscription with some servers to receive cards ie you would need to pay a 6 months or a year subscription. Do you have already the cccam lines? Once you have the above let me know..

#3 June 11 2011

d3ad

I already have those

#4 June 12 2011

Louis40

usually in such rented appartments they use cable dish and the receivers are made for such.. ie they call it Cable receivers..if not google for the settings to get the chanels on the DM. What image do you have ?

#5 June 12 2011

d3ad

i think the image  is gemeni, you could b right abt cable receivers, i searched the net and got the  latest nile sat transponders but no avail. i hav asked them to get me cablevision they offer it on a monthly rate of 25$ so atleast ill have something to see :)

thanks

Board footer