LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 28 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

Cars , Motorcycles , post your interest

hello everyone , this is a missing thread from this forum , post anything related to cars / motorcycles , which one do you prefer , why , power ? , speed ? , look ? , etc...
i prefer BMW for speed , infinity for everything  , but they are so expensive and needs a lot of benzine and that's too much ....
Motorcycles dunno but would like to learn more about them

#2 August 28 2010

BashLogic

Re: Cars , Motorcycles , post your interest

considering the slippery highways and bad roads in lebanon, i wouldnt drive anything other than a renault 5 or a vw beetle (old version)

a citroen 2cv is a must have!

Last edited by BashLogic (August 28 2010)

#3 August 28 2010

rolf

The original VW beetle is like the last thing I want to be in during a car accident :)
Regarding cars I like reliable cars (good quality) with solid brakes/mechanics/engine/etc., innovative safety, balanced handling, good fuel economy (that means nothing bigger then necessary) but enough power to enjoy the good handling, and finally a good price and at least not ugly looks :)
Peugeot and Citroen usually have handling that I like but they fail me big time in the quality and reliability department. German cars are expensive I guess. Japanese cars are often kinda weird and lack personality, but might as well be the best compromise.

#4 August 28 2010

Kassem

rolf wrote:

Regarding cars I like reliable cars (good quality) with solid brakes/mechanics/engine/etc., innovative safety, balanced handling, good fuel economy (that means nothing bigger then necessary) but enough power to enjoy the good handling, and finally a good price and at least not ugly looks :)

I've got a Honda CRV 2001 that totally fits this description :)

My dad owns a Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2004. I feel much better driving it than the CRV but definitely not when paying for fuel! It's extremely powerful and reliable, but I kinda have problems with its brakes, maybe I'm just used to my car's brakes or something.

Other than that, I really like the Infinity G35 and the Nissan 350Z. They're awesome sports cars, very powerful and appeal to anyone that likes to speed on a high way. I never tried one yet but I've heard it's extremely hard to handle it when driving at a high speed (unlike BMW's which stay relatively easy to control). I would prefer the G35 over the 350Z simply because I do not like 2 seat cars. But just like Aj_BlaZ mentioned, they consume too much fuel, that's why I'm still very hesitant on getting a G35 next summer...

#5 August 29 2010

mmk92

imprezas are the best performance cars out there, their fuel economy is great compared to other sports cars and they sound AMAZING but their only fault is that they look horrible

#6 August 29 2010

rolf

Kassem wrote:
rolf wrote:

I've got a Honda CRV 2001 that totally fits this description :)

Um, no. lol

Let's get over these again:
balanced handling ->  Honda CRV -> NO! (u can say whatever you want, but I have higher standards then that! I'm sure the CRV handles good - ie it goes more or less where you tell it to - , but it's not what I meant at all!)

good fuel economy -> Again, that car might be relatively good, but it is still, for me, uselessly big (i know, it's not so but, but still more then I need), besides I'm sure it has an effect on aerodynamics, so no...

And I dont think i'd feel safe in this car at high speed because of the high CG.

With all my respect to your car... (it's still better then my actual car btw)... this is not at all what I had in mind!

#7 August 29 2010

Padre

I drive a jeep Cherokee limited lx ... I like it
excellent handling, speed and offroad capabilities. Just don't kick it down too much if u want to get to destination without having to refuel

#8 August 29 2010

Raficoo

I would ride a Motorbike one day but the problem is that in Saida they're Banned :(
seriously, it sucks! I remember the days when i was young i used to go on a Ride with one of my older friends who had a SuperBike! never again to experience the Wind in your face :/ well.. least in Saida lol

#9 August 29 2010

J4D

I drive a Daihatsu serion, بتعفن تنكة البنزين فيها . Its a nice car, but not the best !
I like to drive BIG SUVs, HUMMER as well as the Range Rover fit the description perfectly !
I also have this tiny little like for the Honda CBR (motorcycle).

#10 August 29 2010

Ayman

I usually prefer small greener cars that you can park anywhere easily have low fuel consumption. But I also like some fast powerful cars so here is my list in no specific order:

1. Smart for two:

smart-fortwo.jpg

2. Mini cooper:

d1da6_mini_cooper1.jpg

3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

Mitsubishi%20Lancer%20Evolution%20IX%20FQ-360.jpg

As for motorcycles I like the Kawasaki Ex250R

464095_f520.jpg

#11 August 29 2010

rolf

Raficoo wrote:

I would ride a Motorbike one day but the problem is that in Saida they're Banned :(
seriously, it sucks! I remember the days when i was young i used to go on a Ride with one of my older friends who had a SuperBike! never again to experience the Wind in your face :/ well.. least in Saida lol

That's not too bad for the people actually, there are some "za3ran" here with motorbikes with the exhaust silencer removed, and they go around in residential areas, making terrible noise! It's so bad I have dreams about shooting them with a sniper.
But once more, they took the easy way out, they should not be totally banned IMO, but regulated and controlled - but in the absence of such smart solutions, a total ban would still suit me, to be frank :-)
BTW, I like motorcycles too. The thing I don't like about them is the danger and also the consumption - I was surprised to learn that fast motorcycles consume as much as a car - and lack of weather protection. I hope I'll drive one in good conditions one day. I'm sure it's a good feeling.

#12 August 29 2010

Kassem

rolf wrote:

It's so bad I have dreams about shooting them with a sniper.

We happen to share the same dream :)

#13 August 29 2010

Bassem

Good for Saida. I can't stand the stupid "wazawiz" who drive by in their superbikes with the de-muffled exhausts, sounding horribly loud and making everyone around them wish they would crash into a wall and die.

Add to that the shitty little "mobilette" scooters that sound like mosquitoes and have squeaky brakes.

Here's the kind of biking I enjoy:
aaohhaack.jpg
Motorcycle_tour_France_and_Germany_01.jpg
0.jpg

#14 August 30 2010

Flakk

I currently drive a Subaru Impreza 1998. And well it is a good car, but haven't really tried anything else and it is enough for me.
Im looking forward to get a Mitsubishi lancer EX or a SEAT ibiza or the Subaru Impreza wrx sti.

Last edited by Flakk (August 30 2010)

#15 August 30 2010

eurybaric

I had a really cool Peugeot 206 (that is, before I totalled it). Love that car. Agree with Rolf its not the most reliable company n stuff, but still... The car has awesome handling, braking superpowers, good enough power (well some tweaking would make that better), and crazy fuel efficiency (i can go to beirut and back to batroun with the low fuel warning on), and I could tell you from my experience that it acts very good in crashes, that is if you get along with seatbelts .

Well too bad I crashed it last winter... Getting a 207 very soon.

Bikewize, me an my friend really feel like getting ones for cruising around, mountains n roadtrips and stuff... Bassem's BMW bikes fit the description.. personally i was thinking about some Ducati... I have no idea how much they cost though, and I don't know if ill ever get one with the current road situation in lebanon :|

#16 August 30 2010

Bassem

eurybaric wrote:

Bikewize, me an my friend really feel like getting ones for cruising around, mountains n roadtrips and stuff... [...] I have no idea how much they cost though, and I don't know if ill ever get one with the current road situation in lebanon :|

If you don't mind getting a used bike that's not the newest model, you can find some at around $5,000 - $6,000.
As for roads, there are nice stretches of relatively good road in areas of the North and South. The view is not bad either. Nothing like Europe or USA (and not long enough for a full day of cruising) but they're okay.

If you want a really comfy bike (for you and a passenger), the Goldwing is a legend.
It even has A/C, radio and speakers, and reverse gear.
It's pretty much a car on two wheels. I think the new models have or will have airbags.

An "old" model (pictured below) in good condition should be around $8,000.

12123230_1.jpg

#17 August 30 2010

kareem_nasser

My dream car is a Lamborghini the model doesn't matter as long as it is a Lamborghini:
lamborghini-murcielago-lp-b.jpg
My dream motorcycle is a Hayabusa:
13828-2008-Suzuki-Hayabusa.jpg

What i really want to buy is a 2 door-ed 325i:
335icoupe1.jpg
As for the motorcycle i am not that much into them but a silver Wing is good:
Honda%20Silver%20Wing.bmp

P.S: I prefer black color the most.

#18 August 30 2010

MegaCool

when it come to cars im a ford fanboy