LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 19 2010

vengeance666

help with computer prices

im askin this behalf of my friends , he wants to exchange his old at a store with a new one , lets say only the tower , he'll keep the monitor , ups keyboard mouse etccc

well his current pc is a 2.8ghz intel celeron with a via motherboard ( forgot the exact name of it )
                                 2 HDDS 40gb each
                                 2x 512 RAM ( 1gb total ) DDR1
                                 nvidia geforce fx5500 256mb AGP ( board doesnt have PCI-E slot)
                                 network card VIA 10/100mbps ( built in) and 2 usb slots
                                 350 W power supply

if he's gonna exchange it at a store with a  dual core 2.4 ghz , 250gb HDD , 2GB RAM , a geforce any geforce with 512 mb , and a 1 gbps network card and 350W supply how much is this gonna cost him ? getting to a near store is out of question for the time for some reasons , i know the specifiquations are somewhat old , but this is the thing we can get for the moment

#2 August 19 2010

Flakk

Re: help with computer prices

These specs are worth like 80$ or less.

#3 August 20 2010

vengeance666

dual core 2.4 ghz , 250gb HDD , 2GB RAM , a geforce any geforce with 512 mb , and a 1 gbps network card and 350W supply

now that costs 80$ ? :\ i think alot more , and if it's the old pc i would say at least 100$ if im not wrong

#4 August 20 2010

Flakk

lol Im sorry i meant the old pc.

#5 August 20 2010

MrClass

vengeance666 wrote:

im askin this behalf of my friends , he wants to exchange his old at a store with a new one , lets say only the tower , he'll keep the monitor , ups keyboard mouse etccc

well his current pc is a 2.8ghz intel celeron with a via motherboard ( forgot the exact name of it )
                                 2 HDDS 40gb each
                                 2x 512 RAM ( 1gb total ) DDR1
                                 nvidia geforce fx5500 256mb AGP ( board doesnt have PCI-E slot)
                                 network card VIA 10/100mbps ( built in) and 2 usb slots
                                 350 W power supply

if he's gonna exchange it at a store with a  dual core 2.4 ghz , 250gb HDD , 2GB RAM , a geforce any geforce with 512 mb , and a 1 gbps network card and 350W supply how much is this gonna cost him ? getting to a near store is out of question for the time for some reasons , i know the specifiquations are somewhat old , but this is the thing we can get for the moment

Dude, graphic card power is not measured by how much dedicated memory is installed on the card. It only allows bigger buffer size for higher resolutions that require larger number of pixels. You need to look at the graphic GPU chip speed and fill rate in addition to how much graphic memory is available.

Board footer