LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 31 2010

eurybaric

Looking for passive DI box

Hello, ive been trying to find an passive DI box for a while.. without any luck. Does anybody know a place that sells? and if you wanna sell yours im interested too (if its working :))... I would go for an active DI if I dont find an active one...

I need one to be able to directly hook up an electric guitar to a line input on a mixer board.

#2 August 4 2010

xterm

Re: Looking for passive DI box

I feel bad that you're not getting a reply. So out of courtesy I can send you a box that has the letters DI written on it. Concerning passive, well it does nothing so i assume its implicit! >.>

#3 August 5 2010

eurybaric

Re: Looking for passive DI box

awesome, i really need a box that does nothing and has DI printed on it. Labels are everything anyway. Thank you for your kindness, sir. :)

But seriously now. Wikipedia:

A DI unit, DI box, Direct Box, Direct Input, Direct Injection or simply DI is an electronic device that connects a high impedance, line level, unbalanced output signal to a low impedance mic level balanced input, usually via XLR connector. DIs are frequently used to connect an electric guitar or electric bass to a mixing console's microphone input. The DI performs level matching, balancing, and either active buffering or passive impedance bridging to minimise noise, distortion, and ground loops. DIs do not perform impedance matching.

PS: what happened to my bump post, was it manually deleted or was it an automatic filtering process?

PPS: not that I like bumping.. unless very necessary :)

Board footer