LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 7 2010

toxic

good quality laptop that doesent overheat

hello

i have been looking for a new laptop that i take before leaving country
i wanted one that has good quality like the sony viao laptops since the ones ive seen look much better made than the hp and toshiba which seem to have cheap plastic while sony has this mettalic look
i have a hp dv5 1135ee its a good laptop but i use a laptop cooler which is huge and annoying but this is because it has a powerful vga

does anyone know if sony laptops are good and doesn't overheat much ??
also i don't want one with a gaming vga just as long as it has hdmi output its very good and ill be using it for basic applications like office
,internet browsing and some AutoCAD

also i noticed pcandparts.com only has 2 sony laptops anyone know a good store for these laptops??

#2 July 7 2010

babum

Re: good quality laptop that doesent overheat

I wouldnt recommend sony as I find them kind a expensive, but I would recommend you searching gateways site, www.gateway.com as they have really cheap laptops, great quality.

#3 July 7 2010

Flakk

I dont think gateway laptops are available in lebanon. Which sucks because they are really good products.

Last edited by Flakk (July 7 2010)

#4 July 7 2010

BashLogic

lenovo/dell
those two brands are reliable and suffice with features

#5 July 7 2010

J4D

where are you heading ? perhaps you can find a good offer at your destination ;)

#6 July 7 2010

julien_saadeh

Fujitsu (made in Germany)/ NEC.

Very high quality products. Nice features.

#7 July 7 2010

babum

Flakk wrote:

I dont think gateway laptops are available in lebanon. Which sucks because they are really good products.

They only sell through resellers so maybe there is one online reseller available near you.
I know that amazon is a no, as they dont export any computers to outside the US by themselves.

#8 July 8 2010

toxic

im going ksa i think you right ill find better price their also
after searching i found dell and lenevo have very good reviews
i will look into it

#9 July 10 2010

dp0001

lenovo T410, it has an option, like most lenovos called "charge threshold" - if you find yourself having to use ac power a lot you can set the battery to stp charging at 40% to increase battery lifespan

Board footer