LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 27 2010

Nadak

Freelance web designer needed

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing ok!

I am looking for a freelance web designer for managing an existing website and for a new project! If anyone is interested please reply to this post or email me at nabdelkhalek@hotmail.com

Regards
Nada

#2 August 3 2010

lorcan32

Re: Freelance web designer needed

well i am very intrested what exactly do you require??

#3 August 3 2010

lorcan32

I designed several websites and have won 2nd in an international website competition

#4 August 3 2010

samer
Admin

lorcan32 wrote:

I designed several websites and have won 2nd in an international website competition

It would be nice if you add credibility to your post by linking to the actual work.

#5 August 4 2010

lorcan32

I  will see to that , the thing is this website was made soley to participate in the compitition. It is not on the web however i can send you the file and tell me what you think.

#6 August 4 2010

lorcan32

I , in collaberation with my cousins  designed this website (http://krtams.org/newsite/) for the American Community School of Khartoum. I will also send you the website i submitted soon.

#7 August 4 2010

al_jamal

lorcan32 wrote:

I , in collaberation with my cousins  designed this website (http://krtams.org/newsite/) for the American Community School of Khartoum. I will also send you the website i submitted soon.

im pretty interested :)

which award was it? the website of the award? what are they rating excactly?

i mean you khartoum website was made with ms-office?

<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">

Last edited by al_jamal (August 4 2010)

#8 August 4 2010

rolf

lorcan32 wrote:

Thats a nice site :) Friendly advice: Maybe you should address the way it loads, because of the background repeat, it is pretty ugly until it is loaded. Try putting background-repeat:no-repeat on all backgrounds.

Nadak, I am a freelancer myself, I like working HTML/CSS, but also have good Javascript and PHP experience with building dynamic websites.

It would be nice if you give more technical details about the project, and when it needs to be completed.

#9 August 4 2010

lorcan32

The matter is no longer in my hands i have sold it to the school. I actualy designed it using photoshop, the content was given to me by the school. And because i was in sudan while building this website i had very limited tools at my disposal unfortunatly that means i had to use Frontpage :( but i usualy use dreamweaver. But i am also pretty good at writing java scripts but as rolf said we need more technical details.

#10 August 4 2010

Joe

table layouts ....

#11 August 4 2010

al_jamal

so because you have frontpage u have to use tables? :S

#12 August 4 2010

lorcan32

we had very limited time and my job was actualy the graphical design

#13 August 4 2010

rolf

I dont think the client and users care whether the HTML is hand written and wether it's div or tables layout.

#14 August 4 2010

Kassem

rolf wrote:

I dont think the client and users care whether the HTML is hand written and wether it's div or tables layout.

That would be a dumb client... or at least an ignorant one

#15 August 4 2010

rolf

Kassem wrote:
rolf wrote:

That would be a dumb client... or at least an ignorant one

Then all my customers are dumb and/or ignorant.

Last edited by rolf (August 4 2010)

#16 August 4 2010

lorcan32

The point is that  we were given 3 days to complete it, Thier past website was a disaster.   I  was working on a pentuim 3 with frontpage for gods sake cut me a little slack. Considering the circumstances i say we did pretty well.

#17 August 4 2010

xterm

lorcan32, you did do pretty well. Good job.

#18 August 4 2010

lorcan32

Thank you but credit also goes to my team :)

Last edited by lorcan32 (August 4 2010)

#19 August 4 2010

Ayman

@lorcan32 well done I really like the design looks very neat and stylish, but your work could have been perfect with a more modern layout rather than using tables. have a good day :)

#20 August 4 2010

lorcan32

You are right but hey that was my first website

#21 August 4 2010

samer
Admin

I will also send you the website i submitted soon.

Please do! I'm interested to see the quality standards of this international competition.

#22 August 4 2010

lorcan32

The competition was a competition i entered aimed at students from 16 to 20 year olds, so i dont know how high the quality standards would be compared to a compitiion aimed at pros. But nevertheless i will send you the file once i have access to it.

#23 August 4 2010

Ayman

@lorcan32, whats the name of the competition? Can anyone in that age range participate? Thanks :)

#24 August 4 2010

WizaRd

samer wrote:

Please do! I'm interested to see the quality standards of this international competition.

Don't you seem to be picking a lot on that particular user here, Samer?

And not just in this thread.

#25 August 5 2010

samer
Admin

Lorcan sent me a private message containing a link to the institution who organized the competition: http://www.en.jubilee.edu.jo/Default.aspx?tabid=106

Flyingwizard wrote:
samer wrote:

Don't you seem to be picking a lot on that particular user here, Samer?

And not just in this thread.

That was certainly not my intention. This matter is to be treated through privately to avoid threadjacking – check your PM.

Board footer