LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 23 2010

az09za90za

I bought new PC

hey guys.....Ive bought new pc:::

4gb ram
core 2 duo 2.6---->4mb cache
nvidia geforce 9800(1gb)ddr 3
hdd 500gb sata
case + dvdwr + motherboard
=455$

with printer hp(3 in 1)=60$
and lcd screen(LG) 19"=120$

does the price is good???

and thanks anyway:D

Last edited by az09za90za (June 24 2010)

#2 June 23 2010

Joe

Re: I bought new PC

Looks like a great computer mabrouk man!

I don't know about the prices in Lebanon, but compared to France where I live, you had a decent price.

Enjoy!

#3 June 23 2010

gamer4life

The price looks awesome, but you should've bought i7 since it's better.

#4 June 23 2010

mk555

Mabrouk ! And it's a very good computer for it's price

Last edited by mk555 (June 23 2010)

#5 June 23 2010

Joe

gamer4life wrote:

The price looks awesome, but you should've bought i7 since it's better.

You don't always need to buy the latest hardware. Unless you have specific needs for an i7 (hardcore gaming, HD multimedia box, ... ) you'd be better off with a core duo.

An i7 would have costed at least 300$ more.

#6 June 23 2010

Flakk

Yep good price for the specs.
Grats.

#7 June 23 2010

xterm

rahmu wrote:

You don't always need to buy the latest hardware. Unless you have specific needs for an i7 (hardcore gaming, HD multimedia box, ... ) you'd be better off with a core duo.

Or you could've just gotten a 50Mhz 50Kb memory 1mb hd and used linux! LIKE SERIOUSLY!

(Way to derail the conversation rahmu)

#8 June 23 2010

Joe

xterm wrote:
rahmu wrote:

Or you could've just gotten a 50Mhz 50Kb memory 1mb hd and used linux! LIKE SERIOUSLY!

(Way to derail the conversation rahmu)

Or you could spend hundreds of dollars every 6 months because Intel/Nvidia/Microsoft/whoever released a new product. And God knows that i7 will be completely outdated in 2 years.

I've said it before, my PIV runs like a charm. I should buy a new one simply because it's old ?

Excuse me for advocating that computers could (and should) be cheap.

#9 June 23 2010

mmk92

its an amazing bargain, ur computer is capable of playing chrisis on all settings full on 1280x1025 res(since its a 19" screen, anythign higher than that is an over kill)

#10 June 23 2010

Ayman

hey guys.....Ive bought new pc:::

4gb ram
core 2 duo 2.6---->4mb cache
nvidia geforce 9800(1gb)ddr 3
hdd 500gb sata
case + dvdwr + motherboard
=455$

with printer hp(3 in 1)=60$
and lcd screen(LG) 19"=120$

does the price is good???

and thanks anyway:D

PS:all the pieces are original.

Awesome specs and price, where did you get it from? Mabrouk :)

#11 June 23 2010

rolf

az09za90za wrote:

PS:all the pieces are original.

Before I say something sarcastic... what does it mean, "original"?

Last edited by rolf (June 23 2010)

#12 June 23 2010

Kassem

rahmu wrote:

I've said it before, my PIV runs like a charm

No it doesn't. I've noticed that you usually complain about your pc lagging whenever you browse a page which contains Flash animations (ex: arithma's portfolio site with the butterflies moving around). The same thing happens on my old machine which has a PIV as well. I think it's about time you upgrade your pc if you want to take full advantage of the modern web, which despite your hatred for Flash, it's loaded with full-Flash websites which are resource hogs when they're being run on less capable machines similar to yours. On the other hand, no matter how complex the Flash website is, it runs very smoothly on my machine which has a Core-2-Duo processor.

Back to the topic: the price is pretty good compared to the specs. I too think that you should've gotten an i7 if you could afford spending extra bucks.

#13 June 23 2010

Nemesis-301

very good price, but if I were you I would have gotten a i5 processor with the WP55 motherboard that supports both i5 and i7 processors and later you could upgrade it to an i7 without changing motherboards, but still a very good price :)

#14 June 24 2010

Joe

Kassem wrote:
rahmu wrote:

I've said it before, my PIV runs like a charm

No it doesn't. I've noticed that you usually complain about your pc lagging whenever you browse a page which contains Flash animations (ex: arithma's portfolio site with the butterflies moving around).

When I complain about Flash, I usually test it on my netbook (Atom processor). It's a very modern machine (numbers show that netbooks sales are higher than regular laptops).

My PIV is still in Lebanon (a desktop, I cannot take it with me). I never complain about Flash not running smoothly on it, I know it's a bit outdated. But my own personal preferences don't lead me to buy a new computer simply coz it doesn't play Flash.

(Discussion getting way out of bounds, so let's cut short)

Board footer