LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 7 2010

elchebib

iPhone 4....

So guys, what do you think about the iPhone 4?

Personally its a sweet and excellent upgrade.

Check the specs out:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

#2 June 7 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: iPhone 4....

Nice upgrade and to the pocket too.

#3 June 7 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

iphone 4 is an excellent move from apple and its gonna be out on 24 june another excellent move from apple :) , poor microsoft still trying to finalize windows phone 7 but iphone 4 have blow it already .....
in another note the android os 2.2 was released before the ios 4 , so all in all its about who's releasing stuff before the other one

picking the release date , quality , hardware , software , updates , stability , applications , games , ipod , i guess and everyone can say this apple is going to be the ultimate when it comes to phone industry :/

#4 June 7 2010

elchebib

Aj_BlaZ wrote:

iphone 4 is an excellent move from apple and its gonna be out on 24 june another excellent move from apple :) , poor microsoft still trying to finalize windows phone 7 but iphone 4 have blow it already .....
in another note the android os 2.2 was released before the ios 4 , so all in all its about who's releasing stuff before the other one

picking the release date , quality , hardware , software , updates , stability , applications , games , ipod , i guess and everyone can say this apple is going to be the ultimate when it comes to phone industry :/

Its a great smartphone. Especially the high resolution screen and the HD video recording.

The only bummer for me is the microSIM implementation. I guess with careful cutting and trimming, one can make a regular card into a microSIM....

Last edited by elchebib (June 7 2010)

#5 June 7 2010

Raficoo

looks like the i-phone will have some nice improvements :)

kinda reminds me of Nokia N97 when i look at the specs thou....

#6 June 7 2010

elchebib

Raficoo wrote:

looks like the i-phone will have some nice improvements :)

kinda reminds me of Nokia N97 when i look at the specs thou....

You're comparing this iPhone 4 to the Nokia N97?????

Come on man, there is a huge difference between the 2:

iPhone 4                N97
Quadband HSPA     Triband HSPA
138g                     150g
Capacitive screen   resistive screen
960x640                360x640

And the list goes on and on..... Huge difference in specs and features between the 2. And personally, the Symbian OS works like crap when it comes to touchscreen phones. The iOS4 outshines it by miles.....

#7 June 7 2010

samer
Admin

The only bummer for me is the microSIM implementation. I guess with careful cutting and trimming, one can make a regular card into a microSIM....

There a kits that let you cut it, costs 3$ :)

#8 June 7 2010

Georges

samer wrote:

You can buy the kit for 3$... But the engineer that will use this kit won't be doing his job for free ;)

I'm amazed by the design. It'll be a great success for sure.

Last edited by Yorgi (June 7 2010)

#10 June 8 2010

elchebib

samer wrote:

Thanks Samer. And where can I find such a kit???

#11 June 8 2010

EddieEC

I don't know, I just don't like it. Okay so the specs are upgraded, but it's still the same iPhone OS. It is starting to bore me.

#12 June 8 2010

rolf

It looks great.

#13 June 8 2010

arithma

Three axis gyro scope!

#14 June 8 2010

kareem_nasser

#15 June 8 2010

samer
Admin

EddieEC wrote:

I don't know, I just don't like it. Okay so the specs are upgraded, but it's still the same iPhone OS. It is starting to bore me.

Aren't you getting bored of all the operating systems then? not much of them have a rate of change higher than that of iOS.

#16 June 8 2010

J4D

arithma wrote:

Three axis gyro scope!

most probably accelerometers , unless they incorporated some type of super tiny piezoelectric gyros ! :O
Edit : seems both are also available ! , i wonder what types of apps might use a gyro , weird .

Last edited by jadberro (June 8 2010)

#17 June 8 2010

EddieEC

samer wrote:
EddieEC wrote:

Aren't you getting bored of all the operating systems then? not much of them have a rate of change higher than that of iOS.

No not really. I tried Android and I like it, simply because I can flash ROMs to it, do whatever /I/ want with it. OS4 is a great improvement for the iPhone, doesn't mean it's that perfect amazing OS. I like the iPhone, I just wasn't that amazed by iPhone 4.
And if you're thinking I hate Apple, you're wrong. I plan on getting a mac.

#18 June 8 2010

xterm

Board footer