LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 10 2010

xterm

MIX10 Keynote Day 2 : IE9

Interesting information on IE9 (and more).

If you're interested in finding out what's improving in IE9 and its current status check this video.

http://live.visitmix.com/MIX10/Sessions/KEY02

#2 May 11 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: MIX10 Keynote Day 2 : IE9

I hope everyone watched F8 too.

#3 May 11 2010

Ayman

Interesting information on IE9 (and more).

If you're interested in finding out what's improving in IE9 and its current status check this video.

http://live.visitmix.com/MIX10/Sessions/KEY02

Thanks, everyone has high hopes for IE 9 and I hope it will finally be more CSS3 and HTML5 friendly.

#4 May 11 2010

xterm

P.S.: Keynote also discusses a bit of VS 2010 features and quite a bit of OData.

#5 May 11 2010

rolf

I dont like how hyped up these people are. I am coming to dislike programming, once you start to be good and feel comfortable and good about yourself in something, they come and change the way it's done and you have to start all over again because "that's how it's done now" and what you did so well is supposedly old technology, and the bloated buggy unintuitive stuff they are shoving at you is supposedly better. Sure it lets you do more things, but what about the quality?? Are you sure the user is dying to see transition, and other bling bling?

I just finished a website laid out with tables, and tested it from ie 6 to 8 ( it has to be accessible to people with old computers - hence possibly ie6 ) and it looks great, and I realized that my "old" html skills that I have perfected are now going to be thrown away, nobody will use ie6 anymore and everyone will be expected to design using CSS and newer technologies.

Last edited by rolf (May 11 2010)

#6 May 11 2010

arithma

@rolf: That's definitely something totally valid you're saying. The latest new hot stuff in programming are actually 50-60's breakthroughs in functional languages (mostly). The only real hardcore stuff that are emerging and you should worry about are the multicore technologies and making use of all your processor cycles.
Other than that, it's all scruff.

#7 May 11 2010

Ayman

I dont like how hyped up these people are. I am coming to dislike programming, once you start to be good and feel comfortable and good about yourself in something, they come and change the way it's done and you have to start all over again because "that's how it's done now" and what you did so well is supposedly old technology, and the bloated buggy unintuitive stuff they are shoving at you is supposedly better. Sure it lets you do more things, but what about the quality?? Are you sure the user is dying to see transition, and other bling bling?

I just finished a website laid out with tables, and tested it from ie 6 to 8 ( it has to be accessible to people with old computers - hence possibly ie6 ) and it looks great, and I realized that my "old" html skill that I have perfected are now going to be thrown away, nobody will use ie6 anymore and everyone will be expected to design using CSS and newer technologies.

I agree with you, I hate that too but the world is always moving, and business is driving technology these days, you have to ride the tide or it may take you in it's way.

Last edited by Ayman (May 11 2010)

Board footer