LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 3 2010

pikatore

Getting an office for the next few months, who wants to join me?

Hey, I'm renting out an office in Antelias. It's on the top floor, has two large rooms. Rent is 350 USD a month.

Who wants to join me, and enjoy a comfortable, enriching environment?

I want a room for myself, so I'm looking for two guys to share the other room (maybe even three).

So you guys will split 175 rent a month between you. If there are two of you, it's 87.5 bucks a month! Not a bad deal, amirite?

We will share an internet connection. I also have WEP cracking capabilities, for emergencies ;)

Who's up for joining me?

#2 May 3 2010

pikatore

Re: Getting an office for the next few months, who wants to join me?

bump.... seriously guys, how many of you are working out of your parent's home? You have an opportunity to get into a working, professional environment and start making your money properly, I recommend you jump on it!

#3 May 4 2010

samer
Admin

pikatore wrote:

bump.... seriously guys, how many of you are working out of your parent's home? You have an opportunity to get into a working, professional environment and start making your money properly, I recommend you jump on it!

No one can beat grandma's lahm b3ajeen free delivery. On a more serious note, this seems like a good opportunity for someone looking for a space to rent. I'll make sure to ask around.

#4 May 4 2010

xterm

I'll try to find you someone.

#5 May 4 2010

Georges

samer wrote:

No one can beat grandma's lahm b3ajeen free delivery..

+1.
Or mom's 'Mjaddra'.

#6 May 4 2010

rolf

Thats interesting. Incidentally, I have a friend who rented a nice office on the last floor of a commercial center in Zalka, and renovated it. It has an office room, conference room / classroom with projector, entrance, mini-kitchen.
Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. How fast is the connection BTW, and what ISP?

#7 May 4 2010

Georges

rolf wrote:

Thats interesting. Incidentally, I have a friend who rented a nice office on the last floor of a commercial center in Zalka, and renovated it. It has an office room, conference room / classroom with projector, entrance, mini-kitchen.
Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. How fast is the connection BTW, and what ISP?

The funny thing about us is that we ask about the speed of internet and the ISP before asking about the rent, or even checking the place.
Internet Speed is essential, the place and the rent are secondary

#8 May 4 2010

rolf

You're right. Yet I'll be making researches and downloads, and I'd hate to wait 1 minute to get google results every time I want to look up a CSS property or something. But I guess the net will be OK since pikatore is also into that. Still would like to know though :)
Besides, a good connection costs as much as the rent he gave.

#9 May 4 2010

Georges

rolf wrote:

You're right. Yet I'll be making researches and downloads, and I'd hate to wait 1 minute to get google results every time I want to look up a CSS property or something. But I guess the net will be OK since pikatore is also into that. Still would like to know though :)
Besides, a good connection costs as much as the rent he gave.

haha, i totally agree with you.

#10 May 5 2010

Joe

Yorgi wrote:
samer wrote:

No one can beat grandma's lahm b3ajeen free delivery..

+1.
Or mom's 'Mjaddra'.

I miss my mommy ...

#11 May 5 2010

Georges

rahmu wrote:

I miss my mommy ...

Where is she ?. *i feel this is a wrong question tho.

#12 May 5 2010

pikatore

Guys, the sinking feeling in my chest when you mentioned internet connection... I really should have researched that first.

They sell 256 kbps for.... wait for it.... $100 a month! Fuck my life.

I was just in downtown with a good friend who works with an architecture firm... I got a taste of their fibre optic for like 5 minutes. I swear I almost giggled like a girl in the middle of it. Goddam.

For all the people here working out of their homes or wherever, it would be a great idea if we could all get hooked into an office with a really fast connection. You could probably cram a lot of us in there, and if the connection is fast enough (for WORK ;D ), then it would definetely pay off.

Last edited by pikatore (May 5 2010)

#13 May 5 2010

Georges

pikatore wrote:

I was just in downtown with a good friend who works with an architecture firm... I got a taste of their fibre optic for like 5 minutes. I swear I almost giggled like a girl in the middle of it. Goddam.

Oh, i also had the chance to download 10 GBs at a rate of 35 MB/s yesterday. (yes, that was an MB/s).

I'm sorry pikatore, i guess i'm pushing you to suicide

#14 May 5 2010

Joe

Yorgi wrote:
rahmu wrote:

I miss my mommy ...

Where is she ?. *i feel this is a wrong question tho.

I live in France, I miss good food.

You get tired of baguette rather quickly ...

#15 May 5 2010

Georges

rahmu wrote:

I live in France, I miss good food.
You get tired of baguette rather quickly ...

Oh. Thank god. The way you said it made me think of something else.
I Live in the U.S. Food is the worst ever. At least you have something called Bread my friend. U have to try the american approach to what we call bread

#16 May 5 2010

crazy

Come on rahmu, baguette + fromage + un bon vin + champs de mars (or else) what can be better than that ;)

#17 May 5 2010

xterm

Blue cheese + crackers + whiskey !

#18 May 5 2010

J4D

A 2 meter long baguette + labneh + zet + zaitoun !

#19 May 5 2010

Joe

crazy wrote:

Come on rahmu, baguette + fromage + un bon vin + champs de mars (or else) what can be better than that ;)

Labneh w khodra, Fattoush, Kebbe Nayyieh w kess arak. Not to mention the mloukhieh Teta stuffs me with on weekends.

#20 May 5 2010

Georges

jadberro wrote:

Jad, Does it really have to be 2 meters long ?

rahmu wrote:

Labneh w khodra, Fattoush, Kebbe Nayyieh w kess arak. Not to mention the mloukhieh Teta stuffs me with on weekends.

Ohh. I miss my country. But yes, i'm coming back in the next few weeks. Everyone's invited

#21 May 5 2010

rolf

Is there a fridge in the office?

Last edited by rolf (May 5 2010)

#22 May 5 2010

rolf

Yorgi wrote:

I Live in the U.S. Food is the worst ever. At least you have something called Bread my friend. U have to try the american approach to what we call bread

Ah come on! Fresh milk? Fresh cereals? Huge steaks?
And there's probably much more...

#23 May 5 2010

Georges

rolf wrote:
Yorgi wrote:

I Live in the U.S. Food is the worst ever. At least you have something called Bread my friend. U have to try the American approach to what we call bread

Ah come on! Fresh milk? Fresh cereals? Huge steaks?
And there's probably much more...

Well, the only reason i'm staying here is the connection speed

Believe me my friend. There's Nothing like being at home with your family and friends. Even if you make 75.000 $/year.
This is what i learned here. I learned to appreciate what i got back home. And every Lebanese person i met here said the same. (Some of them have been living here for a long time).

Lebanon is the best country in the world. I'm convinced now

#24 May 5 2010

J4D

Yorgi wrote:
jadberro wrote:

Jad, Does it really have to be 2 meters long ?

MIL-SPEC ! 
Regulation size .

#25 May 6 2010

Ayman

Btw Jad don't forget the hummus and Falafel, my favorite 

Seriously speaking, nothing feels like home. Despite all the problems we have here still it is the best place ever, the environment, some good people and freinds s, family, food, etc...

IMO, there is no an ideal or perfect place to live in, every spot or country in this world has it's own set of problems, we have our problems and they have their problems which IMO weigh the same if you think about it deeply and thoroughly. We as humans are not perfect and will never be perfect so I our societies, cities and states will never be perfected. The only way to live happily is not to acquire more and more of the materialistic stuff, just have moderate amounts of everything, seek knowledge, do what you love and live where you belong and try to make your society or circle a better place, once I heard a really nice saying that says: "ma tghayer balad, ghayer bel balad" . Thats what I got as a conclusion.

P.S. The quotation above has nothing to do with any political movement or campaign, I just heard it once in a commercial on T.V. for the youth not to leave the country.

EDIT: I just remembered know, I have my uncle who is a computer engineer in the US, he has been living there for like 30 years for now, he is very successful, he has his own business, and lives a good life, yet he always tells me that he wishes he can come and live in Lebanon for the rest of his life, he comes to Lebanon every summer as a visit and every time he hates to leave although he is aware of everything going on. And one thing he told me about food there is that he has tried 100s of restaurants and even the food he cooks at home, the bread, the vegetables, the fruits, has no taste at all. Even on the level of social relations, people never care about each other, if someone falls on the street no one will care to pick him up or help him, most of the people there are just working machines running for their work.

Last edited by Ayman (May 6 2010)

Board footer