LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 16 2010

Bij

Toshiba Laptop Charger

Hey guys, the charger that came with my Toshiba laptop suddenly started making weird noises and stopped charging, so i was wondering if any one knows where can i find a replacement ? i bought it from 460, do they have spare parts ? any other places that might have ?
And if you know some workshop where it can be fixed please tell me :)

PS: it's a Toshiba A300 - 23j, model number PSAGCE
the charger takes normal input (220V, 2.0 A, 50-60 Hz) and its DC output is 19 V, 6.32A

#2 May 6 2010

rcha123

Re: Toshiba Laptop Charger

Your description suggests that the laptop has a damaged DC power jack, where the power cord (from the AC adapter) plugs in.

This is very serious, but if you get repairs done before you use it again it may save the cost of a new motherboard. If you use it without immediate repair, it might be "too late" to save its life.

The power will be arcing at the "poor connection" point in the damaged jack, this can permanently the motherboard inside the laptop, as the power jack is soldered to the laptop.

This problem is not at all uncommon with laptops.

#3 May 6 2010

rolf

I suggest you buy the original charger. I know someone who bough some cheap made in china clone and it lasted about a month :-)
There is a shop at ABC Ashrafieh that sells Toshiba parts, that's all I know!

Last edited by rolf (May 6 2010)

#4 May 6 2010

Flakk

rolf wrote:

I suggest you buy the original charger. I know someone who bough some cheap made in china clone and it lasted about a month :-)
There is a shop at ABC Ashrafieh that sells Toshiba parts, that's all I know!

True. Dont ever think of buying the cheap made AC adaptors for laptops. Only buy originals. They cost more yes but its guaranteed not to damage your laptop at all.

Board footer