LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 14 2010

samer
Admin

New MacBook Pro line

overview-gallery4-20090828.png

Highlights: core i5/core i7, Mini DisplayPort updated to support both audio and video, up to 10 hours of battery life (yes, ten), NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.

Prices entry points: 13-inch $1,199 • 15-inch $1,799 • 17-inch $2,299.

More info: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/features.html

#2 April 15 2010

darkredbbb

Re: New MacBook Pro line

Finally, I'm so glad these were released after waiting for so long for the refresh.

This is going to be my first Mac purchase, and I'm kind of confused between the entry level and the high-end 15"  models, not so sure how much the extra 256MB of VRAM would make a difference using Adobe applications on a daily basis. Any ideas?
I'm a first year Graphic Design student btw, and I'm planning on keeping this notebook for at least 4 years after the purchase.

#3 April 15 2010

samer
Admin

It all goes down to your budget. Personally I think the $1,999 one seems to be the best choice when it comes to quality vs price ratio.

#4 April 15 2010

crazy

The 13 inch are still core 2 duo and not i5. That's on the site maybe its an error.

#5 April 15 2010

EddieEC

It is not an error, the 13-inch macbook pro didn't get the i5 chip. I think Apple is trying to kill it. I just wish the 15-inch was cheaper, I really would like a macbook pro.

#6 April 15 2010

Kassem

cheaper? a mac? yeah right :)

But the one with the i7 chip looks interesting...

#7 April 15 2010

EddieEC

The 15-inch macbook had an introductory price of $1,600.

Board footer