LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 5 2010

kareem_nasser

Bad Nvidia

It seems the over-hyped "GF100" GPUs didn't live to the 40% increase on HD5970: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=24000&page=1
OK but the best part of it is the OptiX Ray-tracing and Geometry capabilities but only about 10% increase  and not on everything.

#2 April 6 2010

Flakk

Re: Bad Nvidia

I have read somewhere that the GTX400 is faster than the 5870 not the 5970 and would cost more.

I dont know about nvidia but their cards just get more expensive with no real increase in performance over ATI. Plus their drivers are so damn bugged. If you have seen the last Driver release (197. something) it gave unstable RPM's to the Video card's fans and sometimes turned them off completely, and some video cards just burned out.

I dont know if ATI has the same problems but i have never heard of such similar problems in their drivers. I might actually go for ATI in my next build.

#3 April 6 2010

nuclearcat

My card burned out recently. Still thinking... ATI or Nvidia. Mostly it is burned cause of crappy Inno3D sold in almost all shops here.

#4 April 6 2010

Xsever

They were able to almost fry an egg on the 480.  Look for the video. It's hilarious!

#5 April 6 2010

kareem_nasser

LOL wait a bit for the new firmware it may solve the issue.

#6 April 6 2010

Flakk

nuclearcat wrote:

My card burned out recently. Still thinking... ATI or Nvidia. Mostly it is burned cause of crappy Inno3D sold in almost all shops here.

All Inno3D's are crap and lebanese shops tend to sell them here because they are less expensive than other good brands like BFG or MSI.

Last summer my Inno3D 8600Gt burned out suddenly after 1.5 years of use. Got it replaced with an MSI.
Plus the Fans and cooling solutions that inno3d use on their cards are utter crap!

kareem_nasser wrote:

LOL wait a bit for the new firmware it may solve the issue.

They got a new firmware out and fixed the problem but the damage was done and a number of users damaged their cards.

Last edited by Flakk (April 6 2010)

#7 April 6 2010

Flakk

Edit: Sorry for double posting, please mod delete this.

#8 April 6 2010

Aly

I had an ATI X1950 XTX and it suddenly died when I was using my PC normally, it wasnt under guarantee anymore I contacted PCandParts (I bought it from them) they said if it is not under warranty they cant do anything, now I have a Point of View GTX 260 Core 216 and I am very satisfied from its performance, now why I purchased the Point of view one ... because simply at PCandParts the price difference between (EVGA, BFG) & (Point of view , inno3D) for the same product is like 100-150 $.

#9 April 6 2010

zaza

There is no bad products . Only bad engineers

#10 April 6 2010

Flakk

zaza wrote:

There is no bad products . Only bad engineers

Nope there are bad manufacturers who keep using cheap components and sell their parts at high prices.

Aly wrote:

I had an ATI X1950 XTX and it suddenly died when I was using my PC normally, it wasnt under guarantee anymore I contacted PCandParts (I bought it from them) they said if it is not under warranty they cant do anything, now I have a Point of View GTX 260 Core 216 and I am very satisfied from its performance, now why I purchased the Point of view one ... because simply at PCandParts the price difference between (EVGA, BFG) & (Point of view , inno3D) for the same product is like 100-150 $.

Yep its true, BFG and EVGA are more expensive but the quality of the components used is very good and the cooling is very well implemented to suit all case types and temperatures.

Here in Lebanon unfortunately they are way more expensive than outside but still if you are able to pay for the BFG, EVGA or MSI go for it and stay away from the Inno3D or Point of view if you want a long life cycle for your video card.

#11 April 6 2010

rolf

Flakk wrote:

Plus the Fans and cooling solutions that inno3d use on their cards are utter crap!

I agree, very noisy.
I think MSI is usually good for graphics. I had a bad experience with them for Mainboards though.

Last edited by rolf (April 6 2010)

#12 April 7 2010

eurybaric

I bought once a 7300GT Inno3d , like 4 years ago, and the fan popped out after like 1.5 years of use.. Then I bought another like a year and a half ago for my new pc, 9800GTX+ Inno3d, and the same thing happened recently!!! now the fan pops out -- it's still connected but i have to put it back in place and then it falls out again!

I'm never buying an Inno3d again. Nvidia cards are very nice, powerful, and stable, but like flakk said, there are bad manufacturers, and these ruin the card, and turn it into a sh*tty product...

My new laptop - vaio fw468 - uses a HD4650 ati card... It's not bad, though I feel its not as powerful as Nvidia, and the proprietary drivers are a bit of a mess on linux. Then again, it could be just this model...

Board footer