LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 5 2010

ramito123

Where is Nino? (Lebanon)

Could somebody , tell me the excact location of Ninos ?
thx in advance.

#2 March 5 2010

elchebib

Re: Where is Nino? (Lebanon)

ramito123 wrote:

Could somebody , tell me the excact location of Ninos ?
thx in advance.

it's in the malla area in Beirut (01739999).
If you put the Pain d'Or on your right and go straight, he's on your left.

#3 March 5 2010

xterm

Would saying "He's in his shop!" be funny or rather lame?

#4 March 5 2010

Aly

Does Nino sell PC games ? (original games, of course)

#5 March 6 2010

elchebib

Aly wrote:

Wherever you find pirated games, you're definitely not going to find original PC games.
You're best bet is to shop online or rely on online downloads from Steam or Direct2Drive (or other similar websites).

#6 March 6 2010

Aly

elchebib wrote:
Aly wrote:

Wherever you find pirated games, you're definitely not going to find original PC games.
You're best bet is to shop online or rely on online downloads from Steam or Direct2Drive (or other similar websites).

Thanks for the info, I thought so mate, here in Lebanon if you can find original PC games in places like BHV or Virgin they are all outdated as far as I have seen, sadly buying original PC games online is the only option available but still not possible because let's suppose I bought COD MW2 from Steam or Amazon how can I download this 12 GB game with my 3 GB quota limitation what a joke lol

#7 March 6 2010

ramito123

Aly wrote:
elchebib wrote:
Aly wrote:

Thanks for the info, I thought so mate, here in Lebanon if you can find original PC games in places like BHV or Virgin they are all outdated as far as I have seen, sadly buying original PC games online is the only option available but still not possible because let's suppose I bought COD MW2 from Steam or Amazon how can I download this 12 GB game with my 3 GB quota limitation what a joke lol

Buy pirated games it is your only choice.

#8 March 6 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

@ramito good guess

#9 March 6 2010

arithma

Aly wrote:

Why exactly do you want to buy the games as original. Does it give you any benefit? Or are you just too benevolent?

#10 March 6 2010

Kassem

Buying original games is for rich kids who do not know how to waste their money on better stuff...

Last edited by Kassem (March 6 2010)

#11 March 6 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

Kassem wrote:

Buying original games is for rich kids who do not know how to waste their money on better stuff...

100% wrong ... when it comes to cd/dvd/br games there's nothing called rich or poor i have chosen xbox 360 not because i can crack it and play patched games but i enjoy playing games on the best multiplayer engines and that's xbox live

#12 March 6 2010

Kassem

I wasn't saying that gaming is a bad thing... I was just saying that paying 50$ - 90$ for a game is nothing but a waste of money... Actually, when I was a bit younger and when I had a lot of free time I used to spend almost 12 hours per day playing games on my computer... lol

#13 March 6 2010

elchebib

Kassem wrote:

I wasn't saying that gaming is a bad thing... I was just saying that paying 50$ - 90$ for a game is nothing but a waste of money... Actually, when I was a bit younger and when I had a lot of free time I used to spend almost 12 hours per day playing games on my computer... lol

Paying the full price of a game supports the game developers and ensures their continued creativity.
In addition, if you're more meticulous with your game selection, you'll be paying much less since your game purchases would be much more limited and you'll always look for the best of the crop. One doesn't need to go buy every single little game whether good or bad. If you wanna try most of the games, go ahead and download a demo of the game or something.

#14 March 6 2010

Kassem

You've got a point there elchebib. Actually, if paying the full price for Call Of Duty would make them keep on doing more versions and other games of similar quality then I would definitely pay for it. Those guys are amazing!

#15 March 6 2010

Aly

arithma wrote:
Aly wrote:

Why exactly do you want to buy the games as original. Does it give you any benefit? Or are you just too benevolent?

I am not speaking about all games, and I have never bought any original game, I only want to buy COD MW2 to play it online since there is no LAN in it, in COD 4 there was private cracked server and it was extremely nice to play online, but with COD MW2 and the steam shit it is not playable even with the little workaround.

Kassem wrote:

Kassem wrote:

You've got a point there elchebib. Actually, if paying the full price for Call Of Duty would make them keep on doing more versions and other games of similar quality then I would definitely pay for it. Those guys are amazing!

You are contradicting yourself.

#16 March 6 2010

Kassem

Aly wrote:

You are contradicting yourself.

I know, but elchebib made a good point. And I really believe that COD is probably the only game worth paying full price for. There are other good games for sure, but none of them are even close to the quality of COD

#17 March 7 2010

Flakk

People who are from europe, united states or japan are probably the only ones who can afford this kind of pricing for the games. They are able to pay 50 or 60$ a game because their income allows it.
While here we have so much stuff to worry about and so much to spend on to keep on living and our income really sucks, thats why most lebanese prefer buying games for 1 or 2 $ instead of 50$.

I personally have bought alot of original games from outside (i used to tell my dad or my cousins to get me this or that) and all the games that i got are either MMO's or have online compatibility.
For example i have Guild Wars Prophecies and Eye of the north, which is game that cannot be found here at all.
I also have Battlefield 2, Supreme commander forged alliance, Homeworld 2, Warhammer dawn of war. I also have some games on steam. I bought these games to play the multiplayer part.

If our income was pretty high as to europe or US standards i think we will all go and buy original games from stores, as they have better support and easier patching, online compatibility, easier modding no trouble in installation etc....

#18 March 7 2010

elchebib

Flakk wrote:

People who are from europe, united states or japan are probably the only ones who can afford this kind of pricing for the games. They are able to pay 50 or 60$ a game because their income allows it.
While here we have so much stuff to worry about and so much to spend on to keep on living and our income really sucks, thats why most lebanese prefer buying games for 1 or 2 $ instead of 50$.

I personally have bought alot of original games from outside (i used to tell my dad or my cousins to get me this or that) and all the games that i got are either MMO's or have online compatibility.
For example i have Guild Wars Prophecies and Eye of the north, which is game that cannot be found here at all.
I also have Battlefield 2, Supreme commander forged alliance, Homeworld 2, Warhammer dawn of war. I also have some games on steam. I bought these games to play the multiplayer part.

If our income was pretty high as to europe or US standards i think we will all go and buy original games from stores, as they have better support and easier patching, online compatibility, easier modding no trouble in installation etc....

Regardless of any income, everyone should adjust their gaming needs according to what they have.
I say again, if one is very meticulous with the games they buy ---> they would only buy the games they really want. If a game seems interesting and you don't want the risk of shelling out 50 USD or so, then don't buy it immediately. Wait for the reviews, gameplay trailers and impressions that you can find easily on various sites and forums. Plus, most games these days come in the form of demos and trials which you can easily download and play. If you like the game, go ahead and buy it. If you don't, you simply would spend it somewhere else.
We don't have to go and buy every single little game that comes on PC, X360 and PS3 just because the title or the cover art seems nice.
You gave very good examples, Flakk, of games you bought because you liked and wanted to support. Original games as you said have much better support, much easier updates and the most important thing is the online compatibility (an important factor this console generation).

Anyways, this is only my opinion.

Cheers

#19 December 20 2010

Gomez012

Does he buy games as well?

#20 December 21 2010

ramito123

Gomez012 wrote:

Does he buy games as well?

depends on the game

#21 November 14 2011

d3ad

guys will it possible to get a google map of NINO from one of you regular customers of the shop please.

#22 November 14 2011

enthralled

d3ad wrote:

guys will it possible to get a google map of NINO from one of you regular customers of the shop please.

http://g.co/maps/f4kb8

#23 November 14 2011

d3ad

much obliged enthralled !!

#24 November 18 2011

enthralled

#25 July 8 2012

---()--()---

Does the store open on Sundays ?