LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 13 2010

ijanawra

Hi everyone

I've been posting for a couple of days, forgot to introduce myself :)  I'm Arwa, I was born in England, live in Morocco, moving to Lebanon next month, Iraqi parents, Lebanese husband! I guess that sums it up, I have a 1 year old boy, who loves computers as much as I do!

I've been using Windows since I was a kid, but after I got the iPhone, fell in love with Apple, and got a Mac a month ago, that I'm loving.  I started university in England a few years ago in Business, but I don't really like it much, decided to stick to computers, I want to get into Graphic Design, I'm studying Adobe at the moment, although I'm just a beginner, we'll see how that goes.

I'm really enjoying the forum, I didn't believe my husband when he said 'we have everything in Lebanon'...it turns out he was right :)

Regards

#2 January 13 2010

J4D

Re: Hi everyone

welcome aboard Arwa ! be sure to encourage your boy's computing , have fun around and never hesitate to question :)

#3 January 13 2010

Ayman

welcome to the forum and Lebanon, have fun :)

#4 January 13 2010

Padre

Welcome

#5 January 13 2010

Xsever

Welcome to Lebanon and to this forum.

Feel free to ask anything.

#6 January 14 2010

rolf

Welcome!

ijanawra wrote:

I'm studying Adobe at the moment

There is no such thing as studying Adobe... please!!

#7 January 14 2010

Joe

You managed to anger rolf already ... ;)

Welcome and have fun here!

#8 January 14 2010

ijanawra

Ok, sue me, I used the wrong word...I meant learning how to use it, reading books on it and using the tutorials...is that okay with you?

Thanks everyone!

#9 January 14 2010

rolf

ijanawra wrote:

Ok, sue me, I used the wrong word...I meant learning how to use it, reading books on it and using the tutorials...is that okay with you?

Thanks everyone!

Its not about using the wrong word.
What is Adobe?
Is it Adobe Indesign? Photoshop? Premiere? Flash? Dreamweaver? Illustrator? Acrobat? Audition? After Effects? Fireworks? Shockwave? Soundbooth? Audition?
Or are you some kind of genius and plan to master them all?

#10 January 14 2010

ijanawra

Well actually these are the ones I'm planning on reading up about, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver.  Its a lot, I know, but I have all the time in the world and a lot of resources

#11 January 14 2010

pikatore

I'm studying women, I hear about them all the time, but I'm curious to know what they look like, how they function, etc.

#12 January 14 2010

xterm

pikatore wrote:

I'm studying women, I hear about them all the time, but I'm curious to know what they look like, how they function, etc.

Men.Select<Man,String>( man => Women.Where(woman => woman.IsUnderstoodBy(man)).First().Name).Count

Sadly the above expression yields 0.

Last edited by xterm (January 14 2010)

#13 January 14 2010

rolf

ijanawra wrote:

Well actually these are the ones I'm planning on reading up about, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver. Its a lot, I know, but I have all the time in the world and a lot of resources

I thought you meant Photoshop. I personally know Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and I learned to use them by experimenting with the menus, etc.
Im sorry if I was harsh, I dont like to hear this expression ("study Adobe") especially from someone who is aspiring to be a graphic artist, since you should know that Adobe produces many software, even more then the ones I enumerated. Note that graphic design is mostly about taste, and knowing some rules (layout, typography, etc...). The software is just a tool.
Good luck and welcome here!

#14 January 14 2010

ijanawra

Yeah I understand what you're saying, I just expressed myself because its the quickest way to :) Anyhow I'm not easily fazed and you're welcome to say what you like...thanks!

Board footer