LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 30 2009

aminos

hi all

i would like to say thank you all for putting online such a cool site: i'm glad i found you.

in short:
Mohammad-Amin Hasbini 23 yrs
Beirut
Masters in Telecommunications
Network Engineer

i adore everything related to pcs and high-tech related issues.
i'm a hacking geek, plus i work in cisco, microsoft, unix, wireless products and projects.

Best Regards,
MAH
Leb 4ever

#2 December 30 2009

Ayman

Re: hi all

Hello aminos, welcome to the community, enjoy your stay, I hope you have fun on the forums :)

#3 December 30 2009

arithma

Hey there, you're sure going to enjoy the forum. Care to tell us how you found about this site? For me it was a search about an ogero subject..

#4 December 30 2009

J4D

you are welcome , have fun !

#5 December 30 2009

Xsever

Welcome fellow Engineer.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

How do you like working in Lebanon so far? Could you please talk more about it and your education ?

Thank you,

#6 December 30 2009

aminos

hello Brothers,

Working in Lebanon is not easy, lots of competition, i have like 2 years of experience in the domain, working in Lebanon does not really get u gd money but at least i'm here with my friends and family: studied license telecom then maitrise telecom and then masters in telecom: security of networks and systems.

I enjoy working in the telecom domain and i wish u all gd luck
tc

#7 December 30 2009

Xsever

@ aminos

Thank you fo replying. I know you can make more money if you are abroad, but being with your friends and family cannot be traded with money. At least not for me.

I am curious to know where you studied.

#8 December 31 2009

aminos

i'm a USJ student, and where/what did u guys study? did u get the positions u need? are you working with what you studied?
what are ur hobbies? any Linux geeks here (i'm an open source fan)?
any virtualization geeks?
any hacking geeks?
any Cisco geeks(like CCIEs)?
i don't like software/web/graphical development  sry :) but i would like to learn some web stuff
i'm curious to know what are the potentials available in the forum

#9 December 31 2009

Kareem

Xsever wrote:

@ aminos

Thank you fo replying. I know you can make more money if you are abroad, but being with your friends and family cannot be traded with money. At least not for me.

I am curious to know where you studied.

if you get 2500$ in Lebanon and 4500$ abroad, it's not worth leaving. Unless you get payed like 7000$+

#10 December 31 2009

Xsever

@ aminos

I am a second year Electrical and Computer Engineering student currently studying in Canada. I will be going back home to Lebanon once I am done. This is why I was asking you about your job and such. I have had a successful internship with a wind power company and looking forward to build on that. It seems Power Engineering is going to be my major.

@ Kareem

You could have not said it better ! And do not dream about high salaries abroad unless you go to the KSA or gulf. Living in North America will teach you what the expense of living means. I hate how people, and especially Lebanese, think that they can come here and get rich in like 3 months.

#11 December 31 2009

WizaRd

In simple numbers:

Starting salaries for a fresh grad in the software development field would be in the range of $800-1000.

2/3+ Years experience you land yourself a $1200-1400.

5/7+ Years experience varies widely depending if you still want to be a developer or not a team leader/project manager, so it's around $1800-2200

Unless you are working for Murex or some multinational company, the above numbers are true in 99.99% of the cases in Lebanon.

#12 December 31 2009

Xsever

Your numbers make sense Flyingwizard.

You will make more money in Canada for example since minimum wage is 9.5 $ / hour, but there is a lot to pay for.

#13 December 31 2009

Kareem

Flyingwizard wrote:

Unless you are working for Murex or some multinational company, the above numbers are true in 99.99% of the cases in Lebanon.

One thing about Murex, they are not Santa if you know what I mean. People there work for 14+ hours a day with No overtime and sometimes weekends so they are paying them fairly. Multinational companies employee get like  8-9$/hours for a fresh entry position.

#14 January 4 2010

abdullah

Hi aminos
Welcome to the forum :)

#15 January 4 2010

aminos

Hey Abdullah, how about you start a new topic in the "New members introduction", so everyone could welcome you correctly ;)
3a fekra waynak halla2? (Where are you now? email me.)

Board footer