LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 15 2009

samer
Admin

Web development team

Hello all,
I'm looking for members to form a solid web development team (there's a place for a good front-end designer too). Candidates should be geeky (in the sense that they are curious and passionate about what they do) and have good experience with PHP and/or front-end development (xhtml, css, js). There's a strong emphasis on teamwork here as many related projects will arise.
The requirements posted here are the basic ones, only contact me if you qualify.

#2 December 16 2009

Joe

Re: Web development team

I'll be glad to join. I have some experience in PHP, HTML/CSS and databases (mostly MySQL). I should warn you though, I'm an absolute mess when it comes to design.

And don't forget that since I'm not in Leb, I'll only be able to work with you remotely.

Keep me posted.

#3 December 16 2009

samer
Admin

rahmu wrote:

I'll be glad to join. I have some experience in PHP, HTML/CSS and databases (mostly MySQL). I should warn you though, I'm an absolute mess when it comes to design.

And don't forget that since I'm not in Leb, I'll only be able to work with you remotely.

Keep me posted.

I'm currently looking for local people only, but I will inform you if I end up recruiting people residing abroad :)

#4 December 16 2009

Joe

Too bad, I would always be glad to lend you a hand, shoudl you need it.

#5 December 18 2009

Bassem

Samer, Is this to be a full-time gig or a group of freelancers?

#6 December 19 2009

samer
Admin

Samer, Is this to be a full-time gig or a group of freelancers?

Definitely not full-time. This is a group working together as freelancers.

#7 December 19 2009

BashLogic

well, if you want to take that a step further. i am looking for several sharepoint developers.

#8 January 4 2010

pikatore

I'm local (in Beirut indefinetely/permantely), and while I advertise as freelance, I'd be happy to join a team if it was a worthwhile venture. However, at this point in time, I can only speak English (I'm learning both Arabic and French VERY aggresively).

In case you didn't see it, here is my personal site:

www.josh-pike.com

#9 January 4 2010

euryale

hey, i'm intrested and have a nice project in mind, i'm only good with html and css tho pm me for more details

#10 January 5 2010

xterm

BashLogic wrote:

well, if you want to take that a step further. i am looking for several sharepoint developers.

Developing for sharepoint was the worst time of my life >.> though i must say i loved WSS.

#11 January 5 2010

BashLogic

xterm wrote:
BashLogic wrote:

Developing for sharepoint was the worst time of my life >.> though i must say i loved WSS.

yep, I am aware of that, there only happens to be a growing demmand for it. There is a lot of demmand for creating modules and components for sharepoint from large projects.

#12 January 10 2010

ramiraz

Samer can you be more specific: the type of work they're going to do, how much it pays, the projects...

#13 January 11 2010

samer
Admin

ramiraz wrote:

Samer can you be more specific: the type of work they're going to do, how much it pays, the projects...

I can't be more specific because right now, all I know was highlighted in the first post.

#14 March 1 2010

XhacK

I'm interested, please drop me an email when u get the full details.
I have 3+ yrs of experience in PHP, HTML, CSS & SEO.

#15 March 1 2010

elzalem

@samer
http://www.dermandar.com <= in the about page, im EFK
http://www.efkhoury.com <= my new (mainly) programming related site

#16 March 2 2010

Kassem

Hello Samer,

I would like to be on this team because I'm always up for new challenges when it comes to web development. To be honest, I do not have any real work experience but I do have great experience with the following:

1. Flash & Actionscript 3.0: That's where I got serious about web development in the first place. I built a few websites and applications using this incredible technology.
2. HTML/CSS: I learned about those a while back and then used them regularly to layout websites and stuff like that.
3. PHP & MySQL: I used to have basic knowledge about it but recently I got into it "religiously". I can build almost anything that runs a database, including social networks, shopping carts, CMS systems, dynamic galleries... etc.
4. JavaScript: I know basic javascript, nothing fancy. I rarely use it, mainly for form verification and stuff like that. But soon I'll dig into AJAX and jQuery, they seem to be worth looking at.

Unfortunately, I haven't built my portfolio website yet. But currently I'm working on a few projects that will be a demonstration of my skills and of course will be part of my portfolio. When I'm done with those my porfolio page will be up and running :)

PM me for more details. Regards!

#17 March 31 2010

rtp

hey am still a CS student... but i have done an internship last summer as a web developer... i know html/css/javascript/php/cakephp/mysql and ofcourse i know C++/C#/ADO.NET...

if you give me some details i can see if i can make it and stuff...

#18 April 1 2010

rtp

a website am building... it still in the first stages ^_^
i might totally change the design tho or change some bgcolor and stuff like that and better position stuff... 

http://www.tricky.site90.net/php/boyscout.php

#19 April 1 2010

xterm

bluewolf wrote:

i might totally change the design tho or change some bgcolor and stuff like that and better position stuff... 

Move your sidebar to be a UL

#20 April 1 2010

rtp

xterm wrote:
bluewolf wrote:

Move your sidebar to be a UL

i never understood why ppl use a ul and li for menu and buttons and stuff, why is that ?

#21 April 1 2010

Joe

Website is down.

PS: Do you really need explanation on why using a Unsorted List tag for lists ?

#22 April 1 2010

rtp

rahmu wrote:

Website is down.

PS: Do you really need explanation on why using a Unsorted List tag for lists ?

the website isnt down, but i can use div and it will work the question is what is the advantage of ul
runs faster?

#23 April 1 2010

Joe

the website isnt down, but i can use div and it will work the question is what is the advantage of ul
runs faster?

Better respect of w3c standards, which gives you better cross-browser compatibility, better referencing, ... general cleaner code.

As a general rule, try to avoid using div and span as much as possible, and use them only when no other tag is available.

#24 April 1 2010

rtp

rahmu wrote:

runs faster?

Better respect of w3c standards, which gives you better cross-browser compatibility, better referencing, ... general cleaner code.

As a general rule, try to avoid using div and span as much as possible, and use them only when no other tag is available.

yeah i remember the days when ppl use to use table instead of div but i think those days are over ^_^ ... i think... i remember IE and firefox had issues with margin and padding, i think one use to consider the border and the other didnt consider the border and stuff like that anyway...

thanks for the info i will change it for ul and li later...
i think i will do a total change, i think the design could be better...

have a nice day

Last edited by bluewolf (April 1 2010)

#25 April 1 2010

samer
Admin

Website Under Review
You see this page, because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect will be removed once we will finish manually checking all files on this account. As far we check over 100 websites, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor - please come back later.

Board footer