LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 16 2009

rolf

I might sell my MacBook

Hi, I might sell my 2006 macbook white.
Im doing it because i replaced the charger less then a year ago, and now it (the charger) stopped working again.
I also had to replace the battery and the hard drive when i got it a year and a half ago.
Its a great computer though, it has a 250 GB hard drive now, 1.5 gb ram, a great screen and core duo 1.8.
I fitted it a great selection of software, but thing is, it has 3 keys on the keyboard that dont work due to spilled water (still didnt fix it), and now the power adapter is not working anymore, but it looks like a problem with the magsafe, so it *might* be fixed by soldering it.
Come to think of it, it all started after the spilled water, so it might be all related...
I know its not the latest tech, but i like it.
Im just thinking of selling it and get a PC/ or PC laptop because this thing is costing me more then my car to maintain, so I was wondering, what would i get for it? I remember there was someone here who dealed with apple hardware. How much can i get for it?
Otherwise would Mr. Mac repair please make a sign if he can fix all that for cheap.

Edit... I also have a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter.

Last edited by rolf (November 16 2009)

#2 November 16 2009

J4D

Re: I might sell my MacBook

if you want i can help in the fix for no charge at all :)  ive got a wide selection of electronics tools and expertise. and ive worked with many laptops before and specifically dealt with the same problem of the power adapter connector.

Last edited by jadberro (November 16 2009)

#3 November 21 2009

J4D

whats the magsafe ?

#4 November 21 2009

samer
Admin

jadberro wrote:

whats the magsafe ?

http://tinyurl.com/yav7qr6

#5 November 22 2009

J4D

samer wrote:
jadberro wrote:

whats the magsafe ?

http://tinyurl.com/yav7qr6

LOL   i already did that yesterday :)  unfortunately i cant delete posts , you can :)

#6 November 22 2009

rolf

I unfortunately misspelled it as "Maglite" first!
BTW i'm using an old powerbook G4 for my work. It can pull off web work, but that's it, not more, not even youtube flash movies! But I like the screen and keyboard and the OS and how it looks. so ill stick to it for now.

Board footer