LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 12 2009

ballouta

US hardware prices compared to Lebanon

you can just cry because of the low prices there compared to here
you can take a look at this link http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.as … ard-Drives
it have everything related to technology you can buy it online.. just check the prices and see how much it's unfair.

#2 November 12 2009

Xsever

Re: US hardware prices compared to Lebanon

This is the website I always buy from. It offers the best deals! Please do not forget shipping fees which can get up to 20 and 30+ depending on the size of the package.

I have bought all the parts for my PC (check the signature) from newegg and it cost me 550$ (April 2009)

Let me tell you though that the prices of PC and Parts really surprised me. They are very cheap considering it's in Lebanon, and the parts are imported and all that.

#3 November 13 2009

xterm

It's not PC and Parts that's cheap. It's the retailers that are thieves.

Do what i do, collect a quotation for the parts you need, take the quotation to another retailer and have him give you a better one. Then take that quotation to another retailer and have him give you yet another one. And so on...

#4 November 13 2009

GN90

Xsever wrote:

This is the website I always buy from. It offers the best deals! Please do not forget shipping fees which can get up to 20 and 30+ depending on the size of the package.

I have bought all the parts for my PC (check the signature) from newegg and it cost me 550$ (April 2009)

Let me tell you though that the prices of PC and Parts really surprised me. They are very cheap considering it's in Lebanon, and the parts are imported and all that.

i ship my stuff to my uncle living in canada (free) then he send them DHL (50$) or wait till he come here

#5 November 13 2009

Xsever

GN90

If so, try newegg.ca instead of .com. Shipping should be cheaper to Canada from the Canadian version of the site.

#6 November 13 2009

Kareem

GN90 wrote:
Xsever wrote:

i ship my stuff to my uncle living in canada (free) then he send them DHL (50$) or wait till he come here

What about the 10% VAT + 5% Tax on the "Estimated" price. I once did the same mistake and ended up by paying 60% more its price. It was a MIMO router ( in 2007 ) for the FYP and the jamerik guys told us that it is a corporate equipment and estimated its price around 600$ because it was not listed..

Board footer