LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 21 2009

Xsever

Apple Magic Mouse

World's First Multi-Touch Mouse (Wireless)
features_mouse_gestures_20091020.jpg

Click
Click or double-click anywhere. The whole surface is a button.

Two-Button Click
Set up two-button click (right-click) in System Preferences.

360º Scroll
Scroll with one finger to move vertically and horizontally.

Screen Zoom
Hold down the Control key and scroll with one finger to magnify the screen.

Two-Finger Swipe

Swipe left and right with two fingers to go forward and back in Safari or iPhoto.

Find more about it on Apple's website
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

I am not an Apple fan, but I think it's a pretty creative idea.

#2 October 22 2009

BashLogic

Re: Apple Magic Mouse

actually that is not a new concept! i remember like 10-15years ago there was a similar product for pc. it was not marketed in the same manner, and felt awkward in hand.

I hate it when apple rips of others ideas...
but yeah its nice, the downside to this magic mouse is that you can not profile it to your own body language..

#3 October 22 2009

rolf

Thats cool!
I think in the end, everyone will use multi-finger touch-screen.
But why dont they reverse scroll direction and feedback not, so that it feels like on an iPod/iPhone?

#4 October 22 2009

GN90

they already have this in they're mac books

#5 October 22 2009

samer
Admin

GN90 wrote:

they already have this in they're mac books

A glass trackpad is closer to an iPhone screen than a  mouse!

#6 October 22 2009

crazy

I can't work without feeling the mechanical click of my mouse. It's a nice technologie to integrate touch into a mouse, but still...

#7 October 22 2009

battikh

^^ i think it does have a mechanical click, same as in the blackberry storm, it's a touchscreen, but you can click it, WITH the mechanical feeling...

#8 October 22 2009

nourberro

Oh nice stuff! but i love tactile sensation, i hate touch phones and everything that doesn't feel real or isn't related to physical response. I want to FEEL the buttons. Besides, this will go for no less than 120$ i'll pass

#9 October 22 2009

samer
Admin

nourberro wrote:

Oh nice stuff! but i love tactile sensation, i hate touch phones and everything that doesn't feel real or isn't related to physical response. I want to FEEL the buttons. Besides, this will go for no less than 120$ i'll pass

Wrong. It costs 69$.

#10 October 23 2009

nourberro

well do you think its gonna cost the same in lebanon?

#11 October 23 2009

GN90

nourberro wrote:

well do u think its gonna cost the same in lebanon?

do you know that stuff cost here less that Europe ? but not less than America.

anyway i still prefer old fashion click mouses

#12 December 21 2009

sam_lb

Hey guys....
I just got a call today from iStyle on Bliss saying that they got their first shipment of Magic Mice... They'll be selling it for $123... That's way too damn expensive for a mouse no matter how SWEET it looks heheh... I'm sticking to my MackBook Pro trackpad

#13 December 22 2009

rolf

I have a big Microsoft mouse that must be 5+ years old. Its plugged into my macbook. Its great, big (yet light), comfortable and reliable. The mousewheel is pretty big and still works perfectly despite all the sticky stuff that it collected over the years.
I think I'm gonna use it unltil it stops working (which will probably never happen, USB will probably be outdated before that ever happens). They dont make such hardware anymore, do they?
I have seen newer genius mices loose their color after one year of usage, and also the tiny scroll ball on apple mices break down after some usage... Besides I have yet to find one that fits my hand so well.
This Microsoft mouse is simple, basic, was rather cheap back then (not the cheapest, but well worth it).

That one, exept mine is yellow-ish beige.

microsoftopticalwheelmouseivorywhiteusb.jpg

Last edited by rolf (December 22 2009)

#14 December 22 2009

Xsever

Oh by the way. They were able to hack the driver for the magic mouse to work on Windows.

It was done on a Mac running boot camp. They intercepted the files needed and made Windows drivers.

Gotta love the hacking!

As for rolf's post, I agree. I can't understand how people buy mouses that are more than 10-20$ tops. A waste of money unless you have wrist problems.

#15 December 23 2009

ahmadb

Yeah this mouse is awesome, and it feels great. They basically moved all the touch pad gestures onto the input device. I didnt use it for a long time so I'm not sure about the ergonomics, but paired with a bluetooth mini keyboard, a stylish look is guaranteed.

Board footer