LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 8 2009

J4D

Re: Frustration : Laptops

whats so funny that im not getting     i refuse to be told   3am Ttarche2 7aké when  im really not  saying any thing  bad or disrespectful to anyone on the contrary ! all the things  im saying are concrete facts !  @ YORGI : what bothered you with what i said !  im now puzzled !   

@ mir  :  nothing is funny

Last edited by jadberro (October 8 2009)

#27 October 8 2009

Georges

To Samer : Can Someone Promote Him To an " Übergeek " ... byeskot !
@ Jad : Got It Darling !

:)

#28 October 8 2009

J4D

whats  going on with you  , honestly im not getting  anything because inta  3ambitarichi2 il 7ake  hehehehe  and no  the label  does not make me who i am  !   whats  with the hostility ? !  !!!

Last edited by jadberro (October 8 2009)

#29 October 8 2009

Kareem

thing are getting out of control in this forum... cant remember since when.. but i think everybody has the answer.. annoying ....

Last edited by Kareem (October 8 2009)

#30 October 8 2009

Kareem

jadberro wrote:
Yorgi wrote:
Jadberro wrote:

i know a Lebanese manufacturer that does believe it or not  the most powerful laptop in the world

I don't Trust a Lebanese Manufacturer. In Fact Being a Lebanese equals = "Nessab".
Therefore, I'll Keep the Alienware as my first Choice. It Provides the Speed, The Power, The Durability & easily Outperforms any other Laptop on this planet. :)

nope , im not making an add for anybody but actually the laptop i posted is more powerfull then the alienware check the specs berofe you post

battikh wrote:
jadberro wrote:

the look  is not important , its the functionality and durability under extensive usage

weight and battery life? coz if it's 10kg and just 30min, then i guess it's better to just get a pc, would be MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper for same specs and better functionality...

and how does facebook perform on it on a scale of 0 to 10?

its not 10kg and its 2 batts last for a loooong time about 4 hours wich is quite respectable from a laptop of this caliber ;)

xterm wrote:

I think i'll wait a bit more, next month new laptop releases.

HP Pavillion DV8, Toshiba Qosmio X505 and more.

battikh wrote:

weight and battery life? coz if it's 10kg and just 30min, then i guess it's better to just get a pc, would be MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper for same specs and better functionality...

Honestly i don't care about weight or battery life. The laptop will be sitting on my desk for 9 hours per day at work and approximately 3 hours per day at home and plugged in all the time.

My problem with a desktop is that its not portable and i do not intend to maintain two separate desktops despite the cost.

To each his own i suppose.

did you contact the guy ?

Alienware posted here has SSD drive.. it should boot 3 times faster than the laptop youve posted.. at least 3 times.. CPU and RAM are not that big deal anymore.. you will not notice any difference if you were on 8GB or 12GB RAM..

#31 October 8 2009

J4D

Kareem wrote:

Alienware posted here has SSD drive.. it should boot 3 times faster than the laptop you've posted.. at least 3 times.. CPU and RAM are not that big deal anymore.. you will not notice any difference if you were on 8GB or 12GB RAM..

kareem  dont you think  since  this is a custom made laptop you can  put anything you want in it ;)  and if you put the SSD drives in it wouldn't it run faster and more powerful than the mass produced , end user alienware   ;)  you are going no where in this conversation .

#32 October 8 2009

Kareem

jadberro wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Alienware posted here has SSD drive.. it should boot 3 times faster than the laptop you've posted.. at least 3 times.. CPU and RAM are not that big deal anymore.. you will not notice any difference if you were on 8GB or 12GB RAM..

kareem  dont you think  since  this is a custom made laptop you can  put anything you want in it ;)  and if you put the SSD drives in it wouldn't it run faster and more powerful than the mass produced , end user alienware   ;)  you are going no where in this conversation .

upgrading ram is much cheaper thats if only you need it. btw what's the brand of the laptop you suggested? i see nothing really fabulous.

#33 October 8 2009

J4D

for  someone buying this  future proof  laptop  i guess the price will note hinder him, besides i guess it already comes with SSD now its not even an option ;)  ,  in Lebanon its w3dtek , but its originally an American  laptop and its made and sold around the globe as the most powerful laptop in existence , but  i can  ask  for the original manufacturer if you  want ;) but i assure you  its not something to be  taken lightly :)  .

#34 October 8 2009

Kareem

I was talking about the laptop with the specs you mentioned. You are right, this conv is going nowhere.. END.

#35 October 8 2009

J4D

i dont like the tension in your posts .  if there is anything wrong just tell

#36 October 8 2009

Kareem

Tension? Me? quote please ? when you'll argue, you will always have this feeling that is because you think you are always right. As for me, I am relaxed.. maybe work pressure but that is OK.

#37 October 8 2009

J4D

good     then  there is nothing to worry about im glad the conversation  we are doing is remaining civilized

Last edited by jadberro (October 11 2009)

#38 October 11 2009

nourberro

well xterm since you dont use the freakin thing to be PORTABLE< WHY LAPTOPS???
i recommend getting two workstations fully equipped from GCC, he offers a good price ( not Advertising )
or maybe a low tech laptop for home use and a 2500$ workstation for your 9hour daily usage at work;) pc cost a fraction on repairs , especially the stupid mouse nd keyboard on the laptop that are seriously frustrating!

go for PCs nd save your money for modding your car VROOM!

some idiots say that pcs are gonna get extinct, but HEY! theyre idiots so dont judge 

NB out

#39 October 12 2009

xterm

nourberro wrote:

well xterm since you dont use the freakin thing to be PORTABLE< WHY LAPTOPS???
i recommend getting two workstations fully equipped from GCC, he offers a good price ( not Advertising )
or maybe a low tech laptop for home use and a 2500$ workstation for your 9hour daily usage at work;) pc cost a fraction on repairs , especially the stupid mouse nd keyboard on the laptop that are seriously frustrating!

go for PCs nd save your money for modding your car VROOM!

some idiots say that pcs are gonna get extinct, but HEY! theyre idiots so dont judge 

NB out

What is so hard to understand? I'm not going to maintain two workstations.

My car is already modded.

Last edited by xterm (October 12 2009)

#40 October 12 2009

crazy

/popcorn

(and why are you shouting at each other? nobody knows everything, remember that you are here to share what you know, and learn what you do not know...)

#41 October 12 2009

J4D

@ XTERM :   so what did you decide to do ?

#42 October 12 2009

xterm

jadberro wrote:

@ XTERM :   so what did you decide to do ?

Wait for the new i7-920XM processor powered laptops to be released, should be around 25th of this month.

#43 October 12 2009

GN90

just do what NB told you. Desktops are the best at least you can still upgrade means better life length

#44 October 12 2009

xterm

GN90 wrote:

just do what NB told you. Desktops are the best at least you can still upgrade means better life length

The point of this topic is the availability of laptops in lebanon, not "Laptops VS Desktops". I've said a number of times that I'm looking for a laptop not a desktop, I believe i can assess my requirements better than you and NB, correct?

Anyways, like i mentioned previously, i'll be waiting for i7-920XM powered laptops.

#45 October 12 2009

mir

/popcorn
*sits near crazy*

#46 October 12 2009

WizaRd

xterm wrote:

I've said a number of times that I'm looking for a laptop not a desktop, I believe i can assess my requirements better than you and NB, correct?

I had to stop trolling to laugh at this one

^^

#47 October 12 2009

Georges

I Guess i have the Solution...
Here It Is

#48 October 13 2009

J4D

Yorgi wrote:

I Guess i have the Solution...
Here It Is

how old are you  ?

#49 October 13 2009

Georges

This Question is Already Answered in a Previous Topic.

#50 October 13 2009

xterm

I just read an article where the lowest i7 (920QM) out-performed QX9300. Luckily 920QM will be the main processor released in consumer products coming to lebanon. I guess my problem is solved.

Board footer