LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 September 28 2009

Leyla H

Re: New girl in the house:P

BashLogic wrote :

just one request, if you succeed in funding the porsche by selling paintings, could you paint the porsche itself?
can we expect you to be cruising down the streets blowing your horn and flickering your lights? will you be handing out your business card from your car window to all the boys who would be walking by?
after all these are lebanese "cruising cultural traditions"

nop you won't, off course i can paint a porsche, but owning a porsche is different, this car is a piece of art to me!
and no, don't expect that much

#27 September 28 2009

J4D

leyla would you paint my car  ? 

Last edited by jadberro (September 28 2009)

#28 September 28 2009

BashLogic

Leyla H wrote:

BashLogic wrote :

just one request, if you succeed in funding the porsche by selling paintings, could you paint the porsche itself?
can we expect you to be cruising down the streets blowing your horn and flickering your lights? will you be handing out your business card from your car window to all the boys who would be walking by?
after all these are lebanese "cruising cultural traditions"

nop you won't, off course i can paint a porsche, but owning a porsche is different, this car is a piece of art to me!
and no, don't expect that much

does that mean that you do not have your driving license yet?

#29 September 28 2009

J4D

leyla see ?,   i  told you about the (di2et il mola7aza 3end il geeks )     answer  the guy !

#30 September 28 2009

Leyla H

haha no i dnt have it yet! next year im 17, off course i would paint yours, as long as i know i would paint mine the day i bring it

#31 September 28 2009

J4D

lol  you  want to learn  on my car !    then  no   i dont want you  painting my car anymore  , besides tomorrow its getting a fresh cote of paint :cool:

#32 September 28 2009

Leyla H

haha, gd for you, don't worry, i have painted on glass, canvas, metals, and porsche will be just a new piece of art ! trust me,,

#33 September 28 2009

WizaRd

Welcome to the house!

#34 September 28 2009

Leyla H

thnk u flying wizard

#35 September 28 2009

Ayman

hello Leyla welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay! :)

#36 September 28 2009

Leyla H

thnk u ayman

#37 September 28 2009

J4D

Leyla H wrote:

haha, gd for you, don't worry, i have painted on glass, canvas, metals, and porsche will be just a new piece of art ! trust me,,

ps  :  my car is not a porsche its a blue daihatsu

9323_283484355502_803185502_9033926_2010822_n.jpg

and yes thats me inside

#38 September 28 2009

crazy

lol a girl comes, and everybody (all the guys;) ) are all over her :) give her some space guys ^^

Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

#39 September 28 2009

BashLogic

crazy wrote:

lol a girl comes, and everybody (all the guys;) ) are all over her :) give her some space guys ^^

Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

that is true, lets make space starting with you and I ;)
naah, if you would pay attention, peoples activity does not only dwell arround the gender. She described her interests and hobbies in broad way that people couldnt keep quite.

for example when jad walked in talking about microelectronics and robotics, that also caused a stir.

but other wise yeah. I just hope we wont be getting too many girls otherwise the few that are would not get enough of daily attention and courting. and on top of that, we would have to establish a mens only part of the forum where we wouldnt be caught for discriminating the women, for example how they drive...

#40 September 28 2009

mir

:cool:

I can't tell you how much I welcome you on the forum ! *cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer* ( wiiiide wiiiiiiiiiiide grin )

Very nice and broad range of interests ! Would be great if can see some stuff you did :)

thinking to study mechanical engineering , cce, graphic design or medicine in university

Personally even tho u can do it.. but medicine won't make you put ur other skills to use ( the artistic side )
Graphic design is nice.. u can have the music + photography + computer knowledge + reading ( culture ) involved in the types of jobs u can do in graphic design.. but if you like 1 aspect in graphic design like digital art or making logos and such.. u can easily grow your skills personally on the topic without going to uni.
Engineering is not something you can learn on your own... and if an engineer has that artistic side and can give a different flair to design.. it is awesome

I think you should decide not on the major itself.. but on the life you want to lead afterwards.
If you are into working freelance or by project from anywhere around the world, if u like cultural topics... graphic design is great for that
when you are a mechanical engineer. you need to work in corporations and most probably be tied down to working in a cube for a while ( till u can open ur own stuff )

and one last thing... regarding the car topic for me a good car should fulfill its basic role for me : take me places...lot of places without breaking down on every bump - places that include rocks, dirt, water, sand...  and it should be something i can put lot of stuff inside .. it could be the whole gang of friends or a whole set of tools  [ it is eventually a transportation tool to transport stuff  ]

without making this reply any longer... a warm warm welcome to you girl  again... hope u stay around

Last edited by mir (September 28 2009)

#41 September 28 2009

J4D

guys i can assure you she is not sad about all  the courting you are giving :)  besides  that would be among the reasons that  would drive her  to stay and hangout more here in our  humble community   ;)   

@ Mir : i guess you  are  exhilarated  now  eh   we can say  you have got ur self a partner
@bAsh : dont worry  we will not face this problem since  this type  of females is very rare :/
@ crazy : normal action from a group of ppl  previously having one girl in there special community :lol:

Last edited by jadberro (September 28 2009)

#42 September 28 2009

BashLogic

Bush??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why I Ought To &%#&%%#¤#¤&%#/&%¤

#43 September 28 2009

J4D

BashLogic wrote:

Bush??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why I Ought To &%#&%%#¤#¤&%#/&%¤

lool  im really sorry   ill  change it   :|

#44 September 28 2009

Leyla H

wow:D i cnt believe all of this  im like extremely happy guys! thnks thnks !
miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir thnk u a lot:D u know what u said abt after i finish college really made me think, in graphic design no i do not like one thing only, im just amazed by everything that involves creation
i am more than happy to find another girl here! and ya what u said abt the cars is totally true
To Crazy : i am sure they are welcoming me not because im a girl , but because of my interests and glad to meet you
To Bashlogic: thank you for making things clear, you're right about the hobbies thing
To Jad: your car color is nice no need to paint it :)

#45 September 28 2009

J4D

leyla from now on  replace  to   with  @  when you are adressing someone :)    second  , meen al  ra7 khaleki ted2ari il sayara  ?  ana  sheyifa w mish msade2  :lol:   , once again  you are more than  welcome  ,   now  guys  aren't you  glad i introduced leyla  to lebgeeks ??   and  leyla  arent you glad you joined  lebgeeks ?

#46 September 28 2009

Leyla H

more than glad to join it  for the first time i regain hope in finding such people! who dont care abt shopping and guys and girls and sa7be w sa7ebte
now im being too honest maybe
hehe and im glad jad u r enjoying ur car !

#47 September 28 2009

J4D

great ;) 

</discussion><car>

#48 September 29 2009

rolf

Leyla H wrote:

my shoe size btw is also weird:P it is 34-35! i have like tiny shoes which buggggg me like crazy!
Who is mir? the other girl?!

34-35 is not small for a girl, unless youre like 2m high, lol.
mir is our resident authentic geekette, maybe the nicest girl I ever met.

BTW, note the difference with a typical male welcome thread...
Example...

Hi! My name is kamal, and i like x x x x x x x
----
Hey Kamal
----
Hell!
----
Hi Kamal, welcome!
----
Hello :)
----
<end of thread>

:lol:

But I guess the active female population on these forums just increased by 200% so maybe its worth it.

BTW, Leyla, I hope to see some of your artwork some day, and its really cool to see someone who goes a dual scientific/artistic way. I guess its a good thing.

Welcome :)

#49 September 29 2009

rolf

jadberro wrote:
Leyla H wrote:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 0822_n.jpg

and yes thats me inside

Jad... come one...

I bet youre honking in the that picture...

#50 September 29 2009

J4D

rolf wrote:
jadberro wrote:
Leyla H wrote:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 0822_n.jpg

and yes thats me inside

Jad... come one...

I bet youre honking in the that picture...

i said above

</discussion><car> 

actually no i wasn't :lol: im not that type of Lebanese :lol:

Board footer