LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 28 2009

Leyla H

New girl in the house:P

Hello all
I'm Leyla, glad to find such a site!
I'm into Physics, theoretical physics, space and philosophy
into Art and designing, been in 2 expositions till now, more than 30 paintings on canvas. many others on papers and drawing books, designing copybooks covers, room walls, clothing, jewelery, etc..
into photography, acting,  and music
classic guitar player for since 5 years
I'm writing a book, in Arabic, it contains short stories
I'm deeply impressed by Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Azimov's Books, Boris Vallejo and Salvador Dali
thinking to study mechanical engineering , cce, graphic design or medicine in university
Hope to get to know you all

#2 September 28 2009

BashLogic

Re: New girl in the house:P

err... welcome,
all that you described into this and that and so on made it sound like a dating profile!
anyhow welcome and nice to see more artistic people arround. Mir for sure will be keeping you busy!

regards
BL

PS: you forgot to mention your footsize

#3 September 28 2009

Leyla H

haha thats funny! no actually it doesn't sound like one and thnk u for welcoming!
my shoe size btw is also weird:P it is 34-35! i have like tiny shoes which buggggg me like crazy!
Who is mir? the other girl?!

#4 September 28 2009

J4D

as a self sufficient geek i would like to welcome you to our humble community , i hope  you enjoy it here , we would love to take a look  at your work , maybe you can help  web-designers here  with something     haha  bash  mir will be very very  happy    but  im afraid they join forces and rebel on us   ,  leyla  dont hesitate to ask  anything  here , about any tech  related thing we will  all help . as for  helping in the art field i guess we cant   stick figures  are about the max of what  we can do :lol:

#5 September 28 2009

Padre

yup, practically the only other female on board  (that's online from time to time).
Welcome. nice broad set of hobbies. i really liked the broadness of what u may be doing in the (near) future.
Care to share some of your art ?

#6 September 28 2009

Leyla H

thnk u self sufficient geek
dnt worry i dnt they will rebel  unless they feel a minority!

#7 September 28 2009

Leyla H

Padre thnku for being interested in my art work :D
off course i care ill upload some photos

#8 September 28 2009

nuclearcat

Leyla - i lost beat cause of you :-D I told my friend i think there is only one lebgeek girl :-)
I am impressed that also someone reading books this days :-) I hope one day you can read russian :-) But i think there is some translated to English. "Prisoners of Power (aka The Inhabited Island)", Strugatskie.
Mechanical Engineering or medicine... very different choice.
With engineering you will deal with cold metal, to do cold choice, you need to be completely cold blooded person :-D
With medicine you will deal with pain,people weakness, and human psychology... i think it is most difficult profession. Because sick people mostly depressive, many doctors changing mentality as people after a while. Or they become hard-hearted or... kuku :-)

#9 September 28 2009

Leyla H

hahaha, nuclearcat i have very diff interests! im crazy abt aerodynamics! car designing maybe, but still i love medecine,
graphic designing is like a dream since childhood!
so im very lost
in lebanon its a bit hard to go for engineering we do not have big companies for car designing, or mechanics!
so still thinking
no i dnt read Russian i read the translated versions

#10 September 28 2009

BashLogic

Leyla H wrote:

hahaha, nuclearcat i have very diff interests! im crazy abt aerodynamics! car designing maybe

oh no!! another chick that is into bmw, mazeratti, porche and the works :(

#11 September 28 2009

J4D

cars  are not  welcome in this forum   the science  behind them  is more than welcome  :lol:

#12 September 28 2009

Leyla H

oh pleaseeeeeee dnt mention porsche !!! ill cry :( my dream is to own a porsche carrera GT :S:S
mazeratii well not all of the works!
im in love with old car designing 
rolls royce , antique mercedes, 34 Ford
like WOW! magnificent

#13 September 28 2009

BashLogic

Leyla H wrote:

oh pleaseeeeeee dnt mention porsche !!! ill cry :( my dream is to own a porsche carrera GT :S:S
mazeratii well not all of the works!
im in love with old car designing 
rolls royce , antique mercedes, 34 Ford
like WOW! magnificent

no problem your dream will come true, just put on the high heels and go clubing in down town center. the first time you will be in the company of someone ordering a 1000$ champagne bottle, the next time you would be in the company of another who orders several of them and the third time you would be going there with your new found wealthy husband in a porsche carrera GT but this time he wont be ordering the champagnes ...
the fourth time you will be going to that bar in a cab cause the roads are so bad that the pretty porsche will be all dented and broken....

Last edited by BashLogic (September 28 2009)

#14 September 28 2009

J4D

BashLogic wrote:

the roads are so bad that the pretty porsche will be all dented and broken....

did  not like the ending

#15 September 28 2009

BashLogic

jadberro wrote:
BashLogic wrote:

the roads are so bad that the pretty porsche will be all dented and broken....

did  not like the ending

you can consider it to be a lebanese finese, "just adding a finishing touch to the aerodynamics tuning the car to be suitable to the lebanese roads"

#16 September 28 2009

Leyla H

haha, no ill sell some paintings of mine ;p!
i'll design something , ill keep themoney and buy my porsche! haha
Bashlogic, the porsche in lebanon can walk in only few streets  ! others can never suit a porsche

#17 September 28 2009

J4D

there is no automobile capable of coping with  Lebanese  roads . they are reverse engineered from the moons surface .

#18 September 28 2009

BashLogic

Leyla H wrote:

haha, no ill sell some paintings of mine ;p!
i'll design something , ill keep themoney and buy my porsche! haha
Bashlogic, the porsche in lebanon can walk in only few streets  ! others can never suit a porsche

just one request, if you succeed in funding the porsche by selling paintings, could you paint the porsche itself?
can we expect you to be cruising down the streets blowing your horn and flickering your lights? will you be handing out your business card from your car window to all the boys who would be walking by?
after all these are lebanese "cruising cultural traditions"

#19 September 28 2009

Leyla H

hehehehe, nice joke

#20 September 28 2009

BashLogic

jadberro wrote:

there is no automobile capable of coping with  Lebanese  roads . they are reverse engineered from the moons surface .

i disagree, nothing beats an old vw beatle that is so old that the dents make it only look nicer!
and the great thing about those old vw beatles, they do not consume fuel and their maintenance is quiet cheap!

when i was touring in the northern mountains, i regreted that i didnt have the camera with me to take snapshots of all the beatles that were pimped! it was wild, i began asking arround whether they have a beatle derby or something, to my surprise, it wasnt so! most were pimped to be able to drive thru the fruit orchids transporting the goods!!

#21 September 28 2009

Xsever

Welcome abroad Leyla!

#22 September 28 2009

J4D

BashLogic wrote:
jadberro wrote:

i disagree, nothing beats an old vw beatle that is so old that the dents make it only look nicer!
and the great thing about those old vw beatles, they do not consume fuel and their maintenance is quiet cheap!

when i was touring in the northern mountains, i regreted that i didnt have the camera with me to take snapshots of all the beatles that were pimped! it was wild, i began asking arround whether they have a beatle derby or something, to my surprise, it wasnt so! most were pimped to be able to drive thru the fruit orchids transporting the goods!!

(sorry  admin for the arabic bas midtar  )

3enna  bil jnoub  byefla7o 3alaya la vw beatle  mish maze7   they install  tractor accessories on its back ,  once again no kidding :)

#23 September 28 2009

nuclearcat

I prefer Toyota Prius. And to mod it :-D
Old version was modified by hobbyists to be "plug-in" (charged from electricity).
Some people used prius as big UPS :-)

#24 September 28 2009

Leyla H

thnk u Xsever
Jad ya, it is not far to do it in Jnoob :)

#25 September 28 2009

J4D

nuclearcat wrote:

I prefer Toyota Prius. And to mod it :-D
Old version was modified by hobbyists to be "plug-in" (charged from electricity).
Some people used prius as big UPS :-)

i can  think  of many applications for the  prius some would be solving the electricity crises in Lebanon

Board footer