LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 24 2009

Ayman

3 Skypephone S2 In Lebanon?

hey everyone, I have a question and I am 95% sure that the answer will be an NO  Do you think we have the 3 Skypephone S2  in the lebanese cell phone market? This phone seems awesome, I usually find very nice phones on the internet and they end up being not available in Lebanon.

The 3 Skypephone S2 is a great phone, when used it can save us lots of money and I wish if anyone has any idea if it is a available and functional in Lebanon, I doubt that it is unavailable because the two Cell Phone companies here will surely hate it ;)

Other than this phone there are many good ones not available in Leb. such as the treopro I know I dream to much but isn't it our right to have some decent phones here? I even doubt that 3G works here... Anyways, thats the case, shu fina na3mel?

Last edited by Ayman (September 24 2009)

#2 September 24 2009

BashLogic

Re: 3 Skypephone S2 In Lebanon?

Hello,

I have a regular nokia phone, actually a e75 but it doesnt take that to install fring or another skype supporting application.

I use fring on my phone (www.fring.com) and fring enables me to use my skype account. with my phone i can either use a wifi or a data connection for skype to function.

it works well, i use it about twice a month ;)

#3 September 24 2009

J4D

im pretty sure it does not work over data connection? mtc or alfa?

<admin edit: removed excessive usage of punctuation. This is getting redundant>

#4 September 24 2009

BashLogic

jadberro wrote:

im pretty sure it does not work over data connection? mtc or alfa?

<admin edit: removed excessive usage of punctuation. This is getting redundant>

fring + nokia works with any given ip connection. both data and wifi work.
i cant speak for mobile data services in lebanon. i can assure you that it works with data and wifi connections. ive used fring for years!

#5 September 24 2009

J4D

ahh ok! over 3G networks, it must work but in Lebanon it shouldn't, " 3ayb"

#6 September 24 2009

J4D

who  is the  admin  is  this  site ? :)

#7 September 25 2009

samer
Admin

jadberro wrote:

I am.
You have once again abused of exclamation mark in your previous post (p24664, I cleaned it up).
Please refer to the forum rules and specifically rule number 10. This will be your third warning, any further problems will result in a temporary ban.

#8 September 25 2009

J4D

<jadberro>

samer wrote:
jadberro wrote:

I am.
You have once again abused of exclamation mark in your previous post (p24664, I cleaned it up).
Please refer to the forum rules and specifically rule number 10. This will be your third warning, any further problems will result in a temporary ban.

are you kidding me im sure this is a joke ? :/   if its that necessary i will abide , but why  are you so obsessed with me typing an extra exclamation mark :) or an extra emoticon:)   i would love to know why . as for a temporary ban ! its not me who is going to loose ! tech  forums fill the net ! i only like this one because we are all Lebanese and we help  each other and discuss  tech issues common among the Lebanese and i enjoy discussing the issues here than do on a strange other forum !  ;)  MR. Samer    you  should be happy with all the interaction that happen  on this site  regardless  if  it  has got an  extra  exclamation mark or a question mark . you  really should not   bother your self with these issues ;)  and please guys who  see this post i want your feed back if you think im  wrong ill apologize ;)  the issue is nothing ;)   

btw MR.Samer i adore this site ;) it has got a super clean design a neat user interface i guess all specially made for the Lebanese internet ;)  this site loads wickedly  fast  so  thanks for all  what you are doing to make this forum better    best regards ;)

</jadberro>

Last edited by jadberro (September 25 2009)

#9 September 25 2009

Kareem

I can confirm that Voice services DO NOT work over GPRS or EDGE in Lebanon.

#10 September 25 2009

J4D

yup   thats  what i mean .

#11 September 25 2009

BashLogic

Kareem wrote:

i would be interested in knowing the restrictions ;) Mr NSN

#12 September 25 2009

Kareem

BashLogic wrote:
Kareem wrote:

i would be interested in knowing the restrictions ;) Mr NSN

Well there is building in front of us that happened to be the Ministry of Telecommunications. I think they have the answer. Btw I am glad that you know about NSN :)

#13 September 25 2009

J4D

@ bashlogic :  there are  no restrictions  its just that the data connection  here is worth nothing , we wait 10 secs and more  for   m.facebook.com   to run (mobile facebook)   ,  if you  try  to  sign in to msn  or any other partially demanding application with a live data connection  you cant  , an  error would pop

#14 September 25 2009

mir

Sorry for the off topic ayman

Even tho i didn't see the original post, I wonder how many exclamation marks were used to get a ban for that ! ( > 500 exclamation per post that were slowing the loading of the forum ? ! )
or what was the thing that deserved jadberro to be so surprised about ! 
Personally i hope jad doesn't get a ban, his enthusiasm is nice and brings some cool activity to the forum ! I don't think it is really a big deal.. and jad, hope that you keep hanging out around here  .. it is good to have you around Mr Hardware person !

#15 September 25 2009

J4D

mir wrote:

Sorry for the off topic ayman

Even tho i didn't see the original post, I wonder how many exclamation marks were used to get a ban for that ! ( > 500 exclamation per post that were slowing the loading of the forum ? ! )
or what was the thing that deserved jadberro to be so surprised about ! 
Personally i hope jad doesn't get a ban, his enthusiasm is nice and brings some cool activity to the forum ! I don't think it is really a big deal.. and jad, hope that you keep hanging out around here  .. it is good to have you around Mr Hardware person !

<jad> 

if there  were a LIKE button as in facebook  i would have pressed it on your post :)  thanks  i really like what you said .  i have nothing against samer  and i still  love the (site/forum) and as long as I'm  welcomed here  ill still be active 

</jad>

#16 September 25 2009

samer
Admin

jadberro wrote:

<jadberro>

samer wrote:
jadberro wrote:

I am.

are you kidding me im sure this is a joke ? :/   if its that necessary i will abide , but why  are you so obsessed with me typing an extra exclamation mark :) or an extra emoticon:)   i would love to know why . as for a temporary ban ! its not me who is going to loose ! tech  forums fill the net ! i only like this one because we are all Lebanese and we help  each other and discuss  tech issues common among the Lebanese and i enjoy discussing the issues here than do on a strange other forum !  ;)  MR. Samer    you  should be happy with all the interaction that happen  on this site  regardless  if  it  has got an  extra  exclamation mark or a question mark . you  really should not   bother your self with these issues ;)  and please guys who  see this post i want your feed back if you think im  wrong ill apologize ;)  the issue is nothing ;)   

btw MR.Samer i adore this site ;) it has got a super clean design a neat user interface i guess all specially made for the Lebanese internet ;)  this site loads wickedly  fast  so  thanks for all  what you are doing to make this forum better    best regards ;)

</jadberro>

It is more about following netiquette than me being obsessed with clean writing. It is to respect other members by keeping your typing clear. Yes, I am very serious about this and I urge you to abide by this rule.
Thank you for the kind words about the layout.

#17 September 25 2009

J4D

samer wrote:
jadberro wrote:

<jadberro>

samer wrote:

I am.

</jadberro>

It is more about following netiquette than me being obsessed with clean writing. It is to respect other members by keeping your typing clear. Yes, I am very serious about this and I urge you to abide by this rule.
Thank you for the kind words about the layout.

i have read the full  (wiki) about the netiquette , i do  respect whats  said  there :)   but nothing  is said about  ! and ?    regardless  ill do my best to keep  my posts clean   and neat     best  regards  .   ayman sorry  for  all  the non related posts    im sure you will  forgive me (we will talk later ) 

#18 September 25 2009

mir

Remove the ! letter from your keyboard !

and watch out for the number of emoticons per post as well ( i had to abbe3 lot of letters on my old laptop to get rid of the emoticons habit )  !

back to ayman topic !

#19 September 25 2009

J4D

no ,  ill  force my self  i did not use none  in this post , see .

Last edited by jadberro (September 25 2009)

#20 September 25 2009

Ayman

no ,  ill  force my self  i did not use none  in this post , see .

I was thinking of sending you to a forum etiquette rehabilitation center  But know it looks like you are doing some effort, keep it up

#21 September 25 2009

J4D

haha   or maybe  samer can make  a sort of  a script to forbid me of typing * (!)    or * (?)   and all  emoticons   < no offence > im just kidding .

Board footer