LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 17 2009

mohqas

Some nice geeky Tv series

Greetings mrotal ones;
I dunno if this is the right section of the forum to post this. I just wanted to share some of mi favourite geeky TV series, and if u have any as fun ! plz share  , here you go:

The bigbang theory show:
A group of 3 physicists friends and a fourth engineerg, 2 of them, Sheldon and Leo lives together, the other 2 usually visits, on the first episode a girl moves ... VERY FUNNY SHOW!! So fun geeky type:P , here is an example, believe me you'll love it !:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTUz61LNjo&feature=fvw

The IT crowd:
A group of two geeks working in a big company in London as the IT department, the group owner assign a hot chica as their manager and she tries to make them more "ppl-friendly" ... They are extra geeky and nerdy sometimes ! But the show can be really fun ! An example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBfxjSFAxQ&feature=fvst

#3 September 17 2009

mohqas

Re: Some nice geeky Tv series

Yea, those shows are fun ! I watch them  But I was looking for sitcoms if u know any, plz share

#4 September 17 2009

battikh

big bang theory rocks!!!!
but got disappointed in 1 of the episodes, they were using IE. what kind of geek uses IE?!!!!

#5 September 17 2009

mohqas

Lol yea ! they haev some mistakes
on one episode, they sayd the north magnetic pole is in the north pole, which is not, its the south magentic pole in the north pole
Also when they play age of conan, the character is a warrior, and there are no warriors on age of conan, only paladins
Also there is no sword of azeroth in wow ! on the episode when they play wow

if u know anyother, feel free

#6 September 17 2009

mir

:) hmm well i got the recomendation from both m7md and battikh to watch big bang theory
i watched the first three vids.. they are kinda funny .. but i gave up downloading them  in lebanon

as for geeky TV series donno if stuff like mythbusters counts , there are also movies about computers.. like die hard and stuff but i don't think that is what u looking for

#7 September 17 2009

J4D

mythbusters , brainiac , the IT crowd  ,    the best of  the best , generally  every thing on discovery channel   is  watchable , ehehehe 

#8 September 17 2009

mir

yeah but they are talking about geeky TV series... u know stuff that has seasons

#9 September 17 2009

J4D

oh ok sorry guys for going out of subject , plz dont boot me

#10 September 17 2009

Xsever

The big bang theory is the best.

The best part is when Sheldon asks Penny surprisingly: "It took you 4 years to finish highschool?!!"

#11 September 17 2009

mohqas

Sheldon : "You know how I can tell we are not in the matrix ?"
Leo : "How ?"
Sheldon : "This food would taste better if we were"

or the sheldor AFK part ...
@MIR .. it really worths the suffering ! believe me ;) or get it from someone who already got the 2 seasons
Also the IT crowd is worth it too .. it is fun !

#12 September 18 2009

mohqas

mir wrote:

:) hmm well i got the recomendation from both m7md and battikh to watch big bang theory
i watched the first three vids.. they are kinda funny .. but i gave up downloading them  in lebanon

as for geeky TV series donno if stuff like mythbusters counts , there are also movies about computers.. like die hard and stuff but i don't think that is what u looking for

This m7md guy sounds smart to recommend such a thing, he must be awesome !

#13 September 18 2009

mir

well someone is being like my guardian angel and told me he downloaded them for me.. cuz he saw them on my download queu 

so will be watching some episodes

southpark has some funny episodes.. like the ones about wow and guitar hero

and yeah, m7md totally rocks :cool:

#14 September 19 2009

battikh

^^ there's also an episode of southpark when the internet breaks which is not bad...

can give u the 2 seasons of big bang theory next week, and by then 3rd season would have started, so maybe bet la72ileik shi episode from season 3 too
that's if i finally come <pf>

can give away also all seasons of the office, 30rock, how i met your mother, weeds, futurama, shi 8 seasons of the simpsons, shi 2-3 seasons of mythbusters, and shi 2-3 seasons from penn & teller's bullshit if anyone is interested.

#15 September 19 2009

mohqas

how i meet ur mother, futurama, simpsons .. ta7sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh !

#16 September 19 2009

nuclearcat

Geeks doesn't watch tv

#17 September 19 2009

rolf

nuclearcat wrote:

Geeks doesn't watch tv

Then that makes me the king of geeks.. ?
I havent watched TV for ages, I barely watch DVDs from time to time.
I think i stopped watching TV altogether about 5 years ago, when I realized that Discovery Channel aired the same episodes again, and I had watched them already. It was like finishing a book then starting it over from the beginning. I never thought TV could be like this.

#18 September 19 2009

J4D

i agree the discovery channel is becoming boring lately

#19 October 7 2009

GN90

change to discovery science, discovery channel is now all about modding cars and creating some new costum ones.
and there are new series debuting mid october

#20 October 7 2009

battikh

discovery science mainly puts old programs from discovery channel...

#21 October 7 2009

Padre

Tiger Team

only 2 episodes tho ... i guess they shut them off

#22 October 8 2009

nourberro

the REAL discovery is not available in the middle east ;) the one in the us has wayyy more diversity;) the one in the middleeast is provided by (orbit showtime) which sucks really, ive been watching the same freakin episode that i used to watch as a kid :S and the only new seasons we get are the sucky ones ! which dont get good ratings :S

#23 October 8 2009

J4D

Cheap Seasons

#24 November 6 2009

bigjudge

nourberro wrote:

the REAL discovery is not available in the middle east ;) the one in the us has wayyy more diversity;) the one in the middleeast is provided by (orbit showtime) which sucks really, ive been watching the same freakin episode that i used to watch as a kid :S and the only new seasons we get are the sucky ones ! which dont get good ratings :S

You are correct , what we see on the discovery channel here in the mideast, is what they broadcast on TLC one of the many channels offered by the discovery networks, but i love all of their shows specially the deadliest catch.

as for the geeky tv series,  here is my list of super geeky series
All 5 star trek series.
SG1 and SGA now i am following the new SGU not as good as the SG1.
Farscape (i adored that show)
Babylon 5 (the best sci fi series of all time right after Voyager)
sliders
Quantum Leap
The X-Files
Battlestar Galactica

Some of you might remember a great sci-fi series that didn't last long called Firefly.  Serenity was the movie after the series cancellation.
As far as the big bang theory,it is a hillarious show, Flash forward is very promising, Heroes is pretty good.

Last edited by bigjudge (November 6 2009)

#25 January 11 2010

euryale

hell yea!! sga and sg1 !! simply amazing

Board footer