LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 3 2009

Ayman

Google Code Jam, Register Today!

Hey everyone, I just stumbled upon the google code jam competition today and I have just registered :o

http://code.google.com/codejam/

Do you enjoy solving tough problems and grappling with technical challenges? Then enter Google Code Jam!

Google Code Jam is a coding competition in which professional and student programmers are asked to solve complex algorithmic challenges in a limited amount of time. The contest is all-inclusive: Google Code Jam lets you program in the coding language and development environment of your choice.

Google Code Jam starts in September, when you will compete in online rounds against contestants from around the world. From the ranks of those contestants will be chosen the 25 best, who will travel to Google headquarters in Mountain View, California. There, on Friday, November 13, they will compete for ACRush's title of Code Jam Champion, and the grand prize of $5,000.

Anyone wanna join? The deadline is today :o , if I knew about this before I would have mentioned. Anyways it would be nice seeing Lebanese participating in this, as for me I don't think I will be able to beat the best programmers of the world but I will give it my best shot and I guess it will be fun ;) have a good day :)

#2 September 3 2009

mrmat

Re: Google Code Jam, Register Today!

I registered today, the competition looks interesting. Apparently, i have to find an algorithm to stop catching a flu every 2 weeks.

My brain got some issues today after trying the BRAINFUCK language :), so i'll give it a try tomorrow.

Last edited by mrmat (September 3 2009)

#3 September 3 2009

Ayman

I registered today, the competition looks interesting. Apparently, i have to find an algorithm to stop catching a flu every 2 weeks.

My brain got some issues today after trying the BRAINFUCK language smile, so i'll give it a try tomorrow.

But make sure that if you are solving the problems for the qualification round you have limited time. Since the 24 hour qualification round has started on September 2, by tomorrow the round is over you will have to gain at least 33 points in the qualification round to get promoted to the other rounds.

As for me, I have to write an algorithm to decipher patterns in alien messages and determine the number of possible interpretations for that message, quite complex but fun, I hope I will be able to qualify to the next round :rolleyes: Good luck to you too :)

My brain got some issues today after trying the BRAINFUCK language smile,

BRAINFUCK code is fun to write :lol:

Last edited by Ayman (September 3 2009)

#4 September 3 2009

rolf

I'm a genius, but I'm not participating, my algorithms are worth more then $5000 :rolleyes:
EDIT: maybe i should participate...

Last edited by rolf (September 3 2009)

#5 September 4 2009

mrmat

rolf, did Mr. Google offer u more than $5000 to give away your precious algorithms. :)

Last edited by mrmat (September 4 2009)

Board footer