LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 2 2009

mir

Chat room module

Hello guys,

a friend asked me to add a chat room module to an already made website in asp
and it is like plz plz plz ... almost crying...  top urgent , has to be ready on monday , break your weekend to do this type of stuff pleaaaasseeee

common sense says that it shouldn't be coded from the ground.
so i was wondering any chat module anyone uses ? that actually work.. easy to implement

any links from teh internets ?

it has to be asp.. but if you know good php ones, it would be cool , i can keep it as a reference for later use or just find some way to redirect to another hosting...shi shagleh

it must have register/log in options.

I would appreciate the help a lot !
I would post my findings as well
(i feel i owe ppl here :S )

-- and samer, maybe we could make this into some sort of library or recommendations that lebgeeks members get to recommend to each other / upon request tools, pieces of codes blablabla (check what battikh was blabbering about in the private forum regarding a new section )

Thanks

Last edited by mir (May 2 2009)

#2 May 2 2009

BashLogic

Re: Chat room module

You did not specify the restrictions ..
for example what protocols are allowed ? irc, http, etc...
can the client be a java based? ajax based? html based?
...gosh mir!! it is the weekend!!!...

mir wrote:

Hello guys,

a friend asked me to add a chat room module to an already made website in asp
and it is like plz plz plz ... almost crying...  top urgent , has to be ready on monday , break your weekend to do this type of stuff pleaaaasseeee

common sense says that it shouldn't be coded from the ground.
so i was wondering any chat module anyone uses ? that actually work.. easy to implement

any links from teh internets ?

it has to be asp.. but if you know good php ones, it would be cool , i can keep it as a reference for later use or just find some way to redirect to another hosting...shi shagleh

it must have register/log in options.

I would appreciate the help a lot !
I would post my findings as well
(i feel i owe ppl here :S )

-- and samer, maybe we could make this into some sort of library or recommendations that lebgeeks members get to recommend to each other / upon request tools, pieces of codes blablabla (check what battikh was blabbering about in the private forum regarding a new section )

Thanks

#3 September 29 2009

J4D

mir  i just made one for samer to put in here in lebgeeks (i still have got no responce from him regarding the issue)  if you still are looking for a solution ??   tell me :)

#4 September 29 2009

Ayman

@Samer, check out this free ASP WebChat messenger, written in C# and VB.net http://steveorr.net/Articles/WebChat.aspx Code and documentation is available on the site, I hope you find it useful good luck :)

#5 October 7 2009

Piotr

@AymanFarhat
this is .net, this is  asp.. but this definitely is not c# :S:S its vb man! i never saw a "Dim" or "private sub" in c#...

#6 October 7 2009

Ayman

@AymanFarhat
this is .net, this is  asp.. but this definitely is not c# :S:S its vb man! i never saw a "Dim" or "private sub" in c#...

I am sorry, but if I am not mistaken, there are two versions one written in VB.net and another in C#

Last edited by Ayman (October 7 2009)

#7 October 7 2009

Piotr

maybe, but still the one written in c# is not on the link you posted...

Board footer