LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 18 2009

ElieRx

Buying the Wii from the US

Hello everyone,
  I live in the U.S. and will be travelling to Lebanon this summer.  I want to buy a Wii for my cousin here in the US and bring it with me.  Will he be able to use it in Lebanon on the TV and will he be able to buy games for it in Beirut?  (I can buy the A/C adaptor for the lebanese outlets on ebay).  Thanks for your help.

Elie

#2 April 18 2009

samer
Admin

Re: Buying the Wii from the US

From what I know, most of the games sold in Lebanon are PAL, whereas the Wii sold in the US is NTSC compatible. I don't know if there is a way to circumvent color-encoding issues, I'm hoping someone else can point you in the right direction :)

BTW, welcome to the forums Elie! I have moved your posts to the appropriate section, please introduce yourself again :)

#3 April 18 2009

Lebscream

I think, yes he can, because my brother got a wii with him and he is using it. He lives in Canada, not the US but i think it is the same.

#4 April 18 2009

beezer

There won't be any problem with electricity as he can get a converter from anywhere.

The NTSC - PAL point is a good one. Not in the fact of coloring issues (unless he has a cheap-o tv from pre '95 that is not multisystem or not a Plasma/LCD). But for the fact that you won't be able to find NTSC games locally.
I brought over my systems when I went to Lebanon for 3 yrs. Every game was for PAL systems. The pirated stuff I dunno, as both my systems aren't modded.
But there was a benefit to this, every summer when I went back to Canada. I bought all the games that I wanted for half their price, as they had become old. I spent $300 for 8 games or more, and because of that. I have a huge collection of games now.

And if you know somebody that lives in surrounding GCC countries. They can get you the games as they sell both NTSC/PAL games here. And surprisingly enough, the NTSC ones are actually the cheaper buy.

#5 February 4 2010

valentin283

According to, like, every Nintendo/Video game related source, EVERYONE owns a Wii, right? It may be the weakest of all three consoles (to some people), but you've got to admit, some brilliant games have come out for the Wii. What's the best game YOU'VE played?

~Rock's top 3:
-No More Heroes
-Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
-Mega Man 9
miku-chan.png

#6 February 4 2010

chosen2k

As beezer said There won't be any problem with electricity as he can get a converter from anywhere.
+ There is a new mod where the wii is able to play all pirated games disregarding the region.
+ some modders will fill up ur HD with preinstalled games.

Best game i played was house of the dead (the new one) hilarious script.

By the way can u get me with you a 50$ PlayStation Network card from the us ? :)

Last edited by chosen2k (February 4 2010)

#7 February 4 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

@chosen2k you can buy any card from ebay contact this person https://rapidsales.optimum-lb.com/?loc=paypal
@elierx you can buy him a wii he can crack it here in lebanon so he can play patched games easily what do concerns that you need to know does your cousin afford legit games or he just wants like others buy patched games for 2$ each, if hes going to virgin buy the pal one , to malla ,nino buy ntsc .
about the pal and the ntsc the only differences is the dvd
and finally dont buy a converter its a pain, buy from ebay 220v power supply for the wii it'll make life easier
i did the same thing for my xbox 360

#8 February 5 2010

Flakk

Aj_BlaZ wrote:

@chosen2k you can buy any card from ebay contact this person https://rapidsales.optimum-lb.com/?loc=paypal

AJ tell us more about this please.. could we trust him ? cause i am in need of a paypal account

#9 February 5 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

@flakk i brought rapidshare account from him and xbox live gold membership from ebay and you can bid on any item you want as long as its about serial numbers or anything its not needed to be shipped here

#10 March 9 2010

Hamboza

i got a wii from a friend who bought it from US, i took it from him, and then i went to NINO, he moded it for me, and every game works just fine, i dont even have to bother to check for pal or ntsc, it all works fine, nino also sold me an exernal harddisk for it so i install the games to it, and i nomore need the cd.
unless u want original games for it then sorry, i dont have a clue.

Board footer