LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 24 2009

xterm

Moi!

Hello,

I found this website while searching for PS3 Game Vendors in lebanon through google. Turns out the website offers some fun discussions. I'm a veteran in the software engineering field, married and my hobbies are and not limited to keeping up to date with anything related to the IT field.

Oh! and i'm currently starting to learn piano. Wish me luck!

Regards,

Omar

#2 February 24 2009

samer
Admin

Re: Moi!

Hey Omar!
Glad you're among us.
How are you planning to learn the piano? videos, podcasts, teacher or by the book? :)

#3 February 24 2009

crazy

Welcome:) and good luck for the piano thing^^

#4 February 24 2009

xterm

samer wrote:

Hey Omar!
Glad you're among us.
How are you planning to learn the piano? videos, podcasts, teacher or by the book? :)

A combination, I've been wanting to learn the piano for over 20 years and i havent had the chance of doing so. Past week, i was visiting a friend and saw that he had a piano, i immediately asked him whether he could teach me and he agreed. I went ahead and bought an electronic keyboard which would be enough for me at the moment and i also bought a baby book (literally baby), i've also bought a piano notes booklet. monday was my first session with my friend and i'm planning to do it 3 times per week.

I've been visiting a few websites however most teach the american system CDEFGAB as opposed to the DO RE MI system my friend is teaching me. Regardless, i told him i want to start from scratch (notes and such) and work my way up disregarding how long its going to take me.

I WANT to be a good :)

#5 February 24 2009

Padre

good luck  practice is the only way to learn
oh and welcome on board

#6 February 24 2009

mir

Welcome to the forum :) Great posts ;)

and regarding the music thing, let's start a band.. let's start a band :) i think around 5 - 6 lebgeekers are music talented

#7 February 24 2009

karim soubra

welcome and enjoy

#8 February 24 2009

samer
Admin

mir wrote:

Welcome to the forum :) Great posts ;)

and regarding the music thing, let's start a band.. let's start a band :) i think around 5 - 6 lebgeekers are music talented

I have descent music knowledge (I learned the piano a few years back as well as some music theory).
Band name: The Lebanese Geeks?

#9 February 25 2009

xterm

Geekaholics sounds more bandy-ish

#10 February 25 2009

mir

geekobia

well depends on the theme of the band
most seem to be into guitar / piano

maybe some arabic geeky name, anyone plays derbakeh ? that would be hilarious , arabic geeky songs

Last edited by mir (February 25 2009)

#11 February 25 2009

xterm

Have you seen this before? it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd0OmmRI … =1&index=3

#12 April 10 2009

darkstar

Well if it isn't my old friend Omar !
Welcome aboard :)

Board footer