LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 23 2009

jeko

Stage / student project - iPhone game development

Hi there,

I guess there are students among you.

We have a project which may need a developer and I'm thinking of making a call for a student internship or project or something like this. I'm absolutely unaware of "if", "what" and "when" such things exists in universities in Lebanon. Maybe I'm already late ;)

Any ideas?

For informations, it's about an iPhone version for little game(s ?). My company is located in the north of Beirut, near City Mall.

- Jeko

#2 February 23 2009

mir

Re: Stage / student project - iPhone game development

what games are you doing... if it is something only on the iPhone.. i guess few ppl would be interested.
maybe if something where you iphone will be connected to internet and you play with other iPhoners and such... it might be intresting and you may sell it to jame3et l iPhone users

I think you have to proceed by contacting the universities and such, and hope u pay the dude a good amount if he delivers something nice

Last edited by mir (February 23 2009)

#3 February 23 2009

samer
Admin

what games are you doing... if it is something only on the iPhone.. i guess few ppl would be interested.

iPhone apps are selling like bread.
A lot of stupid applications are making thousands to their developers :)
It is only normal that Jeko is jumping on the bandwagon.

#4 February 23 2009

mir

even an application that stays on the iPhone... with no internet connectivity and such ?

it would be intresting if you can provide idea about type of apps that are being sold

#5 February 23 2009

crazy

Hey Jeko, for the internship usually it is the last year before graduation (it's like this in AUB, LAU, ESIB, and I guess all others) so now all these oneyeartogo students are searching for an internship. You can contact the career center at AUB and offer an internship position in your company. If you are interested I can give you some contacts there, as for other university, I do not have any contacts.
The internship is requiered by the university to be between 8 and 12 weeks (2 month minimum).

Crazy

#6 February 24 2009

jeko

Hi,

Please understand that I can't tell you much ;) Basically it's a simple and well know game already developed for Linux, Windows and Mac. It has network gaming and single player game modes. 2D or OpenGL graphics frontend. It's C++.

We have good experience on those area so the student will be not be left alone. What we ask him to do depends on internship duration and the experience of the guy. Of course we like if he can be with us until the job is finish ;) Sure he will be paid (this is not slavery!). Also if he is smart and the thing works well, we may like to keep him with us. We are a small company willing to grow.

iPhone's apps can make lot of money, or nothing at all, it basically depends on succeeding to create some buzz. We'll see how it goes ;)

Thanks for helping, I'll try to find contacts at universities. But of course, if anybody here read me and is interested, send a private message! Finding a geeky programmer should be just perfect :-)

Best regards,

- Jeko

#7 February 24 2009

Padre

im sure if he's good, it's a 1 month job max. it's the design stage that usually takes a lot of time .... if the game is already there and you need to port it, that shouldn't be much of a problem
i would have loved to participate, but im just full over work of the few coming months ! so good luck !

Board footer