LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 14 2009

Tigerheart.Hackers

Quitting The Business

Hey everyone, this is The Nabs, head of the Tigerhearts. We just wanted to let you know that we're quitting the whole thing. No more software, hardware, services... Anything. Things have become so bad, that we cannot make an honest living anymore. We got inside the details of everything. Screw those who doubted us when we tried to make a difference, just because they wanted to go wiseass on us.

01- We tried to give away cheap internet for homeuse, 10,000L.L. a month, but brainiacs said it wasn't logical. Some sectors in Lebanon are down to 10$ with profit and limited connectivity. Illogical? 15$ in Sin El Fil. We were going to give a connection good enough to use MSN and do researches. Never mind though.

02- We couldn't keep building gaming computers for people, when all companies kept ripping us off for special orders. We need more choices and different price ranges.

03- Some stuff are getting really old, and their prices are dropping down insanely. For example, 4GB Panasonic MP4, 36$ in retail.  Here, 88$ for a Chinese brand that has the word DIAMOND imprinted on.

04- It's all about the money for everyone. They killed our passion to do something different. Even iPhones, we tried to get a quantity from the US for a good cheap price, and we talked to guys from Interlink - Freeway, and they said that legally, we shouldn't have any problems or have to pay much extras. Over a month has passed, and our shipment hasn't arrived yet.

05- We understand that some merchandise are expensive by nature and are a privilege, but even in countries that are considered expensive like France, some stuff are really cheap, like old DVDs. 8$ delivered to our front door in Lebanon. Our Virgin makes sales and sells for 15$. PLEASE.

All the old Tigerhearts are quitting. The ones who recently jonied refuse to do so and want to get the best out of things, so they're opening a store. The new Tigerhearts store will undergo its grand opening soon. Dekwaneh, Nafaa Str. Alas, I won't be among the team because I have officially left. I'm going to pursue a career I had left behind, performing stunt scenes. They're really nice people, very friendly, honest, and hardworking. Anyone who's ever bought a piece of hardware from us, still under warranty, can go for support at the store. All warranties are there. It was a nice ride while it lasted, but I have gone frustrated to the max. I want to do something fun for me with the time I have left. Peace out, everyone.

Last edited by Tigerheart.Hackers (February 14 2009)

#2 February 14 2009

nuclearcat

Re: Quitting The Business

There is always "overhead" for price. In Lebanon it is truly high, because country small.
1)Returns. (Read also N3)
2)Stock that stuck. Other meaning - you are not able to sell stuff, because it is outdated. You have to lower price, means at beginning of sales you must sell more expensive to cover this expense.
3)Customs in Lebanon imperfect. Mostly IT stuff becomes expensive in small countries - because of bribes. You paid bribe - you need cover it by increasing price.
4)Small amount of sales. You get discount from supplier only if you buy a lot. Lebanon is too small market for that.

This is my IMHO. If you are able to solve N3, we can think about some ideas together.

#3 February 14 2009

nuclearcat

About DVD's, BD-ROM and etc - i hate this assholes, who is making them.

They make Regions not for funs. In countries with corrupted government they can establish monopoly and set any price they want. And regions of DVD was done, to make this cheating on poor people easier.

#4 February 14 2009

samer
Admin

Hey nabs,
Thanks for the update.
Please make sure to post the date of the grand opening once it is set.
Although I have never done business with you guys you sound like an honest crew.
I hope you will continue visiting the forums.
Oh and keep us updated! :)

#5 February 15 2009

mir

it sounds official now. sad that you gave up

Hope at least u were satisfied with the work u did and good luck with that new career of yours
it is sure less stress... how much are the average hourly wages ? what type of stuff will u be doing ?

hope u don't break ur neck soon tho  (unless this is what u are looking for )

#6 February 15 2009

rolf

I am sad to hear this.
In a failure, do not put all the blame on external factors, otherwise you would not be able to progress.

Board footer