LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 2 2009

jamil31

What's the cheapest, fastest internet in Lebanon?

Hi, I'm jamil issa. I am new to this website. in 3-4 days i will start using WISE with this WISE BOX thing. the question is am i making the right choice? can I find a better solution? i don't play online that much, but im sort of aheavy downloader. So i want everyone to share information. By the way, im in north lebanon koura. i used to have VISP 128k illegally from a network provider in my area but he left them because of a contract misunderstanding and meanwhile I install WISE I'm currently on free internet by my provider temporarily i think it's 64k download average around 10k second.

Happy new year everyone :) and thanks

#2 January 2 2009

rolf

Re: What's the cheapest, fastest internet in Lebanon?

Wise is (relatively) fast and good quality and you can take it with you, but its a bit expensive and has low quotas (although night traffic is not counted)
The better solution is probably DSL, but wise is not bad, especially if you dont mind downloading only during the night.

Last edited by rolf (January 2 2009)

#3 January 2 2009

jamil31

Thanks Rolf. but i have read about something with backbones, fiber line, satellites and these stuff.... so can you give me some information about it please? and can i really talk to them about switching me to  another backbone?

#4 January 2 2009

rolf

Yeah i know someone complained about wise, but I dont know if the problem still exists.

#5 January 2 2009

jamil31

OK, I wanted to know if the connection stays up during bad weather conditions? Is the wisebox affected by thunderstorms?

<edited by samer>

#6 January 2 2009

Padre

night traffic are not really unlimited  above 5G of night download, you start to get capped in speed :S you can even reach the amazing speed of 5K/s !!!! it's a simple Fair Usage Policy.
during bad weather it is stable, and it's up most of the time. (sometimes it would stop on sundays for like 30 minutes or 1 hour).
as for the routing, we'r still on that god damn satellite
For the cost: it's one of the most expensive with it's pretty low quota usage per month.

#7 January 2 2009

Padre

switching to the other backbone ?? they will never do that anymore ..... they are way too more interested in $$ the customer care anymore 
they turned into a really shitty service.

#8 January 2 2009

rolf

When you say 5 gigs, you mean per month right?

Last edited by rolf (January 2 2009)

#9 January 2 2009

jamil31

After 5 gigs does the download only slow down, or browsing too? What about the downspeed for the whole month or for just some days?

<admin note: edited because of excessive punctuation and sms language>

#10 January 3 2009

WizaRd

Download and browsing both slow down. Although you will not notice the difference in browsing but if you open 2-3 heavy pages at a time you will see it becomes slow.

Still waiting on the DSL

(I have WISE BOX now)

#11 January 3 2009

rolf

Dont you know what DSL stands for?
DeSoLe... :)
</stupid_joke>

Board footer