LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 12 2008

mir

Cool Grids and Components for VS 2008

Hello guys,

anyone knows of , uses any cool grids or components with VB - VS2008 ?

can u share names/links please  ?

#2 December 14 2008

itay390

Re: Cool Grids and Components for VS 2008

im using "visual assist X" - it enhances the auto complete and intellisense and provide much automatic stuff which in my opinion save me trouble reading other parts of the file.

#3 December 14 2008

mir

Thanks a lot !
Downloading
and welcome to the forum

Last edited by mir (December 14 2008)

#4 March 5 2009

xterm

This is what we use in our application:

Demo: http://download3.xceedsoft.com/demo/gri … lorer.xbap

.NET3.5 required.

#5 March 5 2009

mir

nice gird :)
the card view and column view are standard somehow in 3rd parties
I liked the most how u can change the theme to be compatible with the user OS ( aero , XP , black... ) (i saw it also in other grids )
I also loved = liked a lot the 3D views and how u can change different settings. ( i didn't see that before )

I did google search on grids since the post time, but i didn't really need anything more than the standard grids.

how much does it cost ? the sales link opens up outlook, i am not adding my email to their marketing database even tho my name might look shiny in their grid

thanks for replying

yesterday i saw Avalon Docking bl galat and the xceed ppl have a nice docking
http://xceed.com/Docking_WinForms_Intro.html
(i think docking can be quite important to improve the user experience, no ? or do u find it more annoying ? )

btw, check your PM

Last edited by mir (March 5 2009)

#6 March 5 2009

xterm

We use avalon dock in the project as well. Docking is quite important, giving the user the flexibility of altering the position of the components available within the UI is very nifty. In the end, think about the user experience in Visual Studio, its exactly the same.

Honestly i dont recall how much xceed grid costs, however i'm pretty sure that they have an express edition you can use. Also, XCEED WPF DataGrid (the demo you saw) will be an integrated component in the next release of Visual Studio :)

Edit: We use WPF by the way, not winforms.

Last edited by xterm (March 5 2009)

#7 March 5 2009

mir

:cool:
well done then :)

i like their slogan of "talented" components 

Yeah, docking is quite powerful and nice :) I know it from myself how much it improved my experience.

and nowadays, users ask for this stuff, they ask you if u can do it like in firefox or like in facebook, they see nice things and want them to be done , they expect more ease of use and they go yay when they see something "oh, it is like outlook, oh it is like facebook, cool it is like firefox"

#8 March 5 2009

xterm

Previously, you could tell users that something cannot be done. Currently its relatively impossible to do so, literally everything can be done even when it comes to web development. I for one have no problem with dhtml or ajax when it is used to a certain degree, however everyone and his mom is ajax-ifying the websites. I can name countless wrappers, toolkits or the like that make your website so "cool".

Where's the downside of all this? Laugh at the "thin" client concept.

Thank XMLHttpRequest for that.

EDIT: As if the word AJAX isnt bad enough, i added -ifying to it :\

Last edited by xterm (March 5 2009)

#9 March 5 2009

mir

As if the word AJAX isnt bad enough, i added -ifying to it :\

hahaha Ajaxifying it is ... sara7a ma ktir la7azt, cuz i am used to making up lot of words :)

however everyone and his mom is ajax-ifying the websites

w ana oul leish ma2tou3 l ajax min l sou2.. aklitna l jayeh ... (meh meh meh ba3ref ano byekha )

Board footer