LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 1 2008

mir

Conference : The Fundamental principles of Intellectual Property...

Hello Guys,

Yay.. another conference on Intellectual property stuff 
I received this via Berytech... It seems way more intresting than the previous conference
Here are the Details... anyone Intrested in Attending ?

Mr. Mark Abumeri
On
The Fundamental principles of Intellectual Property Protection
International Patent Protection Routes & Treaties

Date:  Wednesday October 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Venue: Conference Room 10th Floor
Berytech Technology & Health, Damascus Rd
The conference will also cover the following topics:
·         Developments in the U.S. patent system.
·         Harmonization with European and Japanese patent systems.
·         Obtaining broad patents in the U.S
Agenda:
3:45 PM – 4:00 PM: Welcome coffee
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Conference
5:00 PM – 5:15 PM: Q&A

About Mark Abumeri:
Mr. Mark M. Abumeri is a partner at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear LLP in the United States.  Mr. Abumeri is involved in the practice of all aspects of intellectual property (IP) law with a focus on patent prosecution and intellectual property acquisitions and transfers.  Mr. Abumeri has extensive experience in developing offensive and defensive IP strategies, rendering opinions concerning patentability of inventions and infringement/validity of patents, and defending patent infringement actions in U.S. federal courts.  Mr. Abumeri is also an adjunct professor of law at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, and serves as a Judge pro tem in the Superior Court, both located in San Diego, California.  Mr. Abumeri obtained B.S. degrees in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University in 1988, M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology in 1992, and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from the University of Cincinnati, College of Law in 1996.

Seats are limited. Kindly confirm your participation before Monday October 6, 2008 by contacting Ms. Carmen Hanna 01 612500, carmen.hanna@bth.berytech.org

#2 October 1 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Re: Conference : The Fundamental principles of Intellectual Property...

Are you attending?

#3 October 2 2008

mir

Re: Conference : The Fundamental principles of Intellectual Property...

well.. it is less than 5 mins away from where i live ... lasts for an hour (relatively short time).. the guys seems intresting... wouldn't hurt to learn couple of stuff, and i am a total ignorant when it comes to this (so attending will force me to read on the subject a bit before i go)

Last edited by mir (October 2 2008)

Board footer