LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 22 2008

mir

Help - White Noise

"White noise CDs, when used with headphones, can aid concentration by blocking out irritating or distracting noises in a person's environment."

Obviously.. i need help concentrating and cutting some noise (to be able to sleep )

i have zero knowledge on the matter... can anyone help in the process
are there some CDs that i can put on the pc and using the headset can eliminate the surrounding noise consisting of sot l jara, sot l moteur, zamour abo zouzou w sot l motto ?

any type of headset required.

Your help is VERY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#2 September 22 2008

duckster

Re: Help - White Noise

There are noise reduction headsets. Very practical.
Also used by DJ's.

#3 September 23 2008

mir

Thanks for the feedback duckster

any idea where i can get them from ? specific DJ stuff ? any idea about the cost?

I think in physics the concept is to "Read" the surrounding noise and emit the opposite wave sound so that they annulate each other

but i think that the white noise also refers to the type of noise that the human ear can't hear - i don't remember the Decibel measures however.. it was bl 6eme that we learned this stuff.

I guess i will have some googling to do regarding the white noise stuff !

#4 September 23 2008

samer
Admin

You can either use noise-canceling headphones (those really work, but make your ears hot).
Or white-noise apps, there's Pzizz for the mac (app), also I have a free application from app store, on my iPod Touch called White Noise. For multi-platform, there's SimplyNoise, that you can use in any browser http://www.simplynoise.com/

Board footer