LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 21 2008

BashLogic

what sports do you enjoy as a hobby?

I have been playing paintball this summer and i have been enjoying it a lot. its very high tempo and has various types of games. i still have about 1-2 months of play time before the weather gets too cold to play outdoors so i need to come up with something new for the winter. was thinking of taking scuba diving courses this winter.

what about you?

Last edited by BashLogic (September 21 2008)

#2 September 21 2008

crazy

Re: what sports do you enjoy as a hobby?

It will kinda sound cliché, but soccer all the way. Play it, not only see it.. and I might add, I am very good at it:p I know need to learn some humility...

#3 September 21 2008

nuclearcat

bed fight
short name: S.E.X. :-))

#4 September 22 2008

mir

Well Jogging twice a week... very long walks (nature or in city streets) , up to 6 hours per walk (once a month)

i do also 10 minutes a day excercices... each 40 days i change the excercice ... now i am doing stomach ones
30 minutes of yoga daily as well

I like nature hiking, camping and climbing mountains (not pro stuff)... but i am having less and less free time to do so

Does Chess count as a sport

as for the things I wish/plan, i wish i could do parapente (anyone ?)

Last edited by mir (September 22 2008)

#5 September 23 2008

samer
Admin

Soccer! :)
I used to play handball in summers too

#6 September 23 2008

Cedric

mir wrote:

Does Chess count as a sport tongue

Yes,it does.
"Chess today is a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee..." -Resource:Chess Wikipedia page.

#7 September 24 2008

mir

btw.. why is chess recognized as sports ?
I Knew that.. but i don't know WHY
it makes your mind think?

well if so , browsing the internet is a sport.. it includes high speed typing and reading and listening to music and multi tasking and playing online games all at the same time !

#8 September 24 2008

Cedric

Chess is an intellectual sport.It does not have to be related to Physical Work to be referred as  sports.
Sports are  controlled by rules and laws,where "players" compete against each other to achieve victory,
Chess is an organized sport with structured international and national leagues, tournaments and congresses.
That is why Chess is known as a sport.

#9 September 24 2008

BashLogic

chess is a bit out of context in this case ;)

common guys! dont you challenge yourself? dont you try to reach a higher par? its painfull, its a challenge but it also give a good taste of life and reminds you that you are still young!

#10 September 24 2008

battikh

in uae there are not many options for sports, well, there are, but the weather doesn't help. in lebanon i used to mainly play basketball, biking and karting (and fencing when i was in university). any outdoor sport is out of question in dubai, so i'm currently sticking with the gym. if during winter the weather is acceptable in dubai, i might start biking again...

#11 September 25 2008

karim

Motorsports. (:

#12 September 27 2008

BashLogic

motor sports hmm thats a good one, i follow up the F1 when possible and world ralley ;)

had a great day playing paintball today :) this is the kind of paintball i play almost on weekly basis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8tATaEOcsM&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-wZiIVYy8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOYyuL4 … re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVZg10lGuA

#13 September 28 2008

beezer

Used to be my hobby and job.
Racing motorcycles

Now I just try to master swimming. Like real swimming, not playing in the pool and swimming however.
Trying to really gain a good swimming technique. It sounds stupid, but it's something I've made into a goal.

And I'm REALLY into squash. Like REALLY. Love that game.

#14 September 28 2008

BashLogic

squash is fantastic, i used to play it untill i moved out of town and couldnt find anymore play partners and later developed carpatunnel syndrome on my wrist (job hazzard). i just got my bike licenses, im thinking of getting a yamaha fazer fz-6n for starters and maybe later change to mt1 :) but got to wait and save money first! :)

#15 October 1 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Rugby or American football, whatever available. Basketball, wrestling, wushu, ping pong, billiards, and of course wireless bungee jumping.

Board footer