LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 10 2008

karim

YouTube: "We're sorry, this video is no longer available" and VISP!!

I've been getting this error on youtube videos 99.9999999% of the time.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but VISP supports sucks donkey didedly dick at fixing it.

It's been going for at least 3 month or so, it's been going at my place, my girlfriend's place, my office and my friend's place which all use VISP.

I have tried everything you can imagine.

-Different OS'es: Linux, XP, Vista, OS X...
-Different browsers: Safari, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera...
-Direct connection without a router

Last resort was to boot my laptop on a backtrack2 cd, with the laptop configured directly on the connection. Still got the f'ing error!!!

Everytime I call them, they act like they never heard about it.

VISP Support sucks donkey dick and that's it.

Sorry for the visuals, but saying I'm pissed would be a slight understatement.

Oh and by the way, Wise, Mobi, GDS Cyberia, ADSL Cyberia... Those are just a bunch of connections that work flawlessly with youtube.

#2 September 11 2008

Cedric

Re: YouTube: "We're sorry, this video is no longer available" and VISP!!

True.I used to have that problem until I switched back to FastNet.Now everything works fine.

Last edited by Cedric (September 11 2008)

#3 September 11 2008

rolf

I used to have that problem in dubai all the time.
Must be something with the proxy.

#4 September 11 2008

crazy

The only thing that is keeping me with VISP is their full fibre network that works amazingly well with world of warcraft.. I play with latency of 140 to 500. But now other than the youtube thing, I have small cuts in the connection that makes all online game disconnect, browser needed to be refreshed all the time.. And the best part is yet to come:

Innocently I call my local provider, explaining to him the problem, and the answer was:
" I know, I have to same problem here, I've talked to VISP guys many time, and every time they say that there is no problem from their side"

Sara7a, at first visp was just wow... stability, online gaming and everything... now... something changed.. is it arrogance, or just "se sont reposé sur leur lauriers"...
Anyway, hoping for a change..

#5 September 11 2008

karim

It's funny how our sovietic friends which are the usually first to show up on your average Ogero/Cyberia/other ISP thread to comment on what they call low life scumbags politicians are nowhere to be found here where we need them the most... :rolleyes:

#6 September 17 2008

nuclearcat

Put proxy 194.146.153.114 port 8080 on VISP if you have this message
Thats happen when Youtube doesn't like different proxy used for watch page/retrieve video.

#7 September 17 2008

nuclearcat

crazy wrote:

The only thing that is keeping me with VISP is their full fibre network that works amazingly well with world of warcraft.. I play with latency of 140 to 500. But now other than the youtube thing, I have small cuts in the connection that makes all online game disconnect, browser needed to be refreshed all the time.. And the best part is yet to come:

Innocently I call my local provider, explaining to him the problem, and the answer was:
" I know, I have to same problem here, I've talked to VISP guys many time, and every time they say that there is no problem from their side"

Sara7a, at first visp was just wow... stability, online gaming and everything... now... something changed.. is it arrogance, or just "se sont reposé sur leur lauriers"...
Anyway, hoping for a change..

Regarding the cuts, let me know your username in PM, first i will check connectivity till reseller, and especially from reseller to you, then if there is nothing wrong or anything wrong on reseller side - i will let manager talk with your reseller (without mentioning u). We had major cuts only yesterday, and after that we dont have anything wrong.

Well, but sure because:
1)Ramadan
2)Kids came back
load is very high at evenings and especially weekends.

Regarding youtube, seems i will try to rebalance bandwidth and forward all youtube requests to another backbone.

#8 September 17 2008

nuclearcat

karim wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but VISP supports sucks donkey didedly dick at fixing it.

karim wrote:

VISP Support sucks donkey dick and that's it.

I'm sorry. Dear Customer, we appreciate your report about our problem. But can you fix your _____ LANGUAGE and put your ______ EMBARASSING WORDS back to your mouth?

You can blame support that they are not professional, but it is not your right to call them scumbags, donkeys or whatever.

Last edited by nuclearcat (September 18 2008)

#9 September 18 2008

mir

I think appropriate language when discussing any Topic and specially ISP and Internet Connectivity problem should be a Guidline for all .. this is not the first time someone calls someone scumbag wl 3ayleh of msabet

Honestly.. i think it is the first (or very few time) that karim reffers to that type of language
I guess the high level of anger and high pissed users results in Strong language.. that somehow can be understandable  but not acceptable i guess  and it is a kind of feedback/Review on the ISPs, so the ISPs have to accept the bad stuff like they accept the good stuff
it is somehow an indicator (VISP used to have nice posts from users... now if the posts are changing, than maybe it is a warning for the ISP itself about his services )

I hope that the issue is resolved ! and that you nuc could solve it.. since it seemed you did loose 2 clients from the same re-occuring problem

Last edited by mir (September 18 2008)

#10 September 18 2008

nuclearcat

Whatever he is pissed, it is not excuse to use bad language. If he cannot control himself - i prefer him to switch to another ISP.

P.S. Regarding indicator - for me indicator is business analysis tools. Including amount/length of support calls. If few customers become angry - probably they are not in mood. Regarding posts - well, how much posts was here? 3? 5? You think it is enough to create proper feedback? Even there is some ISP's who have forum, majority of people who is posting on forum is not their main profit. It is just kids. This ISP tried to move and go forward for feedback provided on his forum. And what he got in reality? Well, he had games, file server, other things kids need. But he decrease significant moves from improving internet quality, cause kids was tolerant to interruptions and can wait till night to download and etc.
What is result? He lost majority of users. Cause this users don't have time for forums, to cry there and to call then scumbags, and just they move silently to another ISP.

Actually lebanese customers doesn't provide enough feedback, whatever i try. So i can analyse only indirectly productivity of ISP.

And this indicator is fine. Sure if there is some customer angry, first i will ask him to calm down. If he dont want to calm down and his anger is not caused by support attitude (swearing from support side or etc) - i will ask customer to leave ISP. Even if he pay money, it is not an excuse. I can give him personally his $15-$70 back.
I understand business customer, when he have serious business and it is under risk because of connection - he have right to be nervous. But if it is enduser, and his youtube is not opening, and he tell bad words - it is just silly.

#11 September 18 2008

nuclearcat

mir - what is 2 clients for me? My rich experience working at satellite business and before that same business as VISP doing now says that some customers always switch and search for better alternative. If some ISP willing to loose money or he is startup - customers who talks a lot on forums much less conservative and at same time prefer service as much closer to free as possible, and they jump to anything that looks better, and not looking far away much.

If it is regular issue, like this youtube - i will provide workaround (and i did, i gave proxy). If he have some specific, customer request (let's say he want port 80 without proxy/cache over fiber) - he must pay more, it is business law.

#12 September 18 2008

samer
Admin

Nuclearcat has given a workaround for the youtube issue. If It is doesn't work out for you VISP users, you can mail nuclear or PM him.
Topic locked.

Board footer