LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 25 2008

mir

Disposing of CDs

Hi guys,

I am re-organzing all my files, CDs and DVDs
there is relatively a big amount of CDs and DVDs that are corrupted or that were copied into DVDs and Re-arranged
i am trying to figure out an eco friendly way of disposing of the CDs or re-using them

so if anyone has some ideas about possible thing i might do ,those ideas are welcomed

and if you know someone who might have an art project or somethng that might need big quantities of CDs let me know

#2 August 25 2008

samer
Admin

Re: Disposing of CDs

i am trying to figure out an eco friendly way of disposing of the CDs or re-using them

The CD Disco Ball is pretty neat

http://www.google.com/search?q=cd+disco+ball

#3 August 25 2008

WizaRd

Lol

#4 August 26 2008

mir

I glued 4 CD on each others
and drew on the first side of CDs a series of stickman in different positions for the morning excercices (a sort of  reminder as well )
on the next side i drew stickmen with the evening excercices ( if u know what i mean )
it is funny seeing the ppl re-action while observing side 1 then moving to side 2
and plan to use this as a geeky thing to put under the coffee mug

i am trying to think something about target practicing... any ideas ?

#5 September 5 2008

BashLogic

at one point i was collecting cds to construct a monalisa replica against a building wall...

#6 September 5 2008

samer
Admin

at one point i was collecting cds to construct a monalisa replica against a building wall...

How did that turn out?

#7 September 6 2008

BashLogic

still collecting, i need thousands of cds to cover a 3 store building wall :)

#8 September 8 2008

BashLogic

I was just watching a report by Robert Fisk and recalled your subject as how to reuse/dispose CDs.

well here is a thought, a cd-curtain.
cd-curtain: have cds tied together and then hang them next to each other as a big blanket of cds.
now hang this curtain where you have snippers, the continuous reflection from the cds would distract
the snippers :)

#9 November 26 2008

battikh

#10 November 26 2008

rolf

Use them as flying shooting targets
Not very environment friendly, i agree...

#11 November 27 2008

mir

looooooooool
rolf.. u seriously think that i can hit the thing while it is flying ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so don't worry about the eco - friendliness !

#12 November 27 2008

BashLogic

i was just having lunch at a restaurant and noticed that someone had built a small geometric structure with glass pads so here is an interpretation of that:

grab your stash od cds and:
- on each cd 5 2-3cm long cuts towards the enter at equal distance from each other.
- after done with the cutting, connect the cds to each other thru the cut space on the cds.
- build your own artistic geometric structure as you please.

check this out as well
http://familycrafts.about.com/od/cdcrafts/CD_Crafts.htm

Board footer