LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 15 2008

BashLogic

Wii game console

hello

who has a wii console and what accessories exactly?
when was the last time you used it and for what?
what do you want to use it for next?

#2 August 18 2008

BashLogic

Re: Wii game console

well this was initially posted under hardware threads, anyhow..
the topic is further expolorable by people who have a Wii console at home.

whats in question is the research of a media lab where wiimotes are being used
for spacial recognition and investingating various usages based on spacial interaction.
for further details follow the links:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/
http://www.wiimoteproject.com/

#3 August 18 2008

samer
Admin

BL,
my brother has a Wii
I will look into those projects and send you my impressions/feedback
thanks for sharing :)

#4 August 19 2008

BashLogic

le tme know how it works out and how it possibly inspired you..
regards
BL

#5 February 3 2010

libovita02

Hey guys, This may be a stupid question but I just can not find the answer to it.

I downloaded a few WII games from Internet and they are all ISO files. Then I tried to copy the games on a blank DVD just like copying movies and other ISO files but it does not work. I tried Nero, Alcohol 120, and ImgBurn. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!
P/s:

The error message says "Please insert a rewritable cd into the drive". It is from the burning software. I used Nero to burn other ISOs and I am sure it works. Just not for WII ISOs. I tried to mount this onto a virtual drive and it does not work either. And I tried different dics as well.

This step seems to be so easy but I just don't know what is wrong. Do I need special programs to burn WII isos?

#6 February 3 2010

chosen2k

libovita02 wrote:

Hey guys, This may be a stupid question but I just can not find the answer to it.

I downloaded a few WII games from Internet and they are all ISO files. Then I tried to copy the games on a blank DVD just like copying movies and other ISO files but it does not work. I tried Nero, Alcohol 120, and ImgBurn. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!
P/s:

The error message says "Please insert a rewritable cd into the drive". It is from the burning software. I used Nero to burn other ISOs and I am sure it works. Just not for WII ISOs. I tried to mount this onto a virtual drive and it does not work either. And I tried different dics as well.

This step seems to be so easy but I just don't know what is wrong. Do I need special programs to burn WII isos?

Use NeroSmartStart, Burn image to disc option select the Iso file and press ok. if this is not working maybe and just maybe the iso file u downloaded is corrupted.

Also there is a new "mod" for the wii i.e. if the new game Mario is not working probably u should apple the new mod.

Last edited by chosen2k (February 3 2010)

Board footer