LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 6 2008

mir

Invisibility Cloak VS Firebolt VS Pensieve

If You can Choose Between :

A - Invisibility Cloak
B - Firebolt
C - Pensieve

Which one Would you choose and why ?

If You didn't Read Harry Potter, you may not be Familiar with the Words, so Find Below the Explanation of each of those Terms

A- Invisibility Cloak : it is somehow a cape that renders what is under it invisible
B - Firebolt : a very good Wizard Broom wizards use to fly
C - Pensieve: something that can Hold thought and memories in for further viewing them,going thru them...

-- I have been asking this to my frnds on msn, Getting some nice Replies, and under battikh Suggestion I am posting this here, even there is not much sar3it Harry Potter nowadays
and btw anyone else Read/Reading the series ?

Last edited by mir (August 6 2008)

#2 August 6 2008

Chris

Re: Invisibility Cloak VS Firebolt VS Pensieve

You have way too much free time on your hands
I hate Harry Potter, so I can't answer.

#3 August 7 2008

BashLogic

she has pensieved you, she knew you were going to say that! MAGIC!!!

#4 August 7 2008

Orenji Boi

Invisibility Cloak. Watch out girls! ^^

#5 August 7 2008

crazy

Firebolt all the way --> no more traffic jam for me!!!

#6 August 7 2008

mir

Well Chris... Considering that my regular sleeping hours is sometime between 3:00 and 5:30 in the morning i can say i make sure to dedicate some time for Reading... a pretty useless habit of mine
Couple of Friends Suggested Harry Potter.. among them very serious ppl who like Potter ... and I pretty much liked the books <> movie
anyway... i am not here to lecture you about those books ( if u want i could go on  )

as for the replies i have been getting
most ppl want the invisibility cloak... some to get into secret places, get access to info, learn stuff and for sexual uses of course ,pranks...

as for the nbre 2 ranked option, it is the pensieve
couple of intresting answers are for example.. someone wants to use it to pass on some of his knowledge and memories (when further questioned, admited that he wouldn't store all in)
some find it intresting... like a pandora box.. never know what they might get (they obviously didn't seem intrested in passing their thoughts, but rather sneaking into ppl minds  )
however a frnd gave me an intresting notice that by using an invisibility you can watch ppl while they think they are un-watch and by watching ppl u get to know what they think.. thus having the same effect as the pensieve (that gives u a good idea what that frnd is into  )

as for the firebolt to my great disappointement... it comes last !
i am not gonna say why i would prefer the firebolt over the other things who obviously have lot of advantages

well.. i would like to hear more from you guys  even if you don't like "Pothead" like some frnds who don't like it when i am busy reading  not replying to them on msn

#7 August 7 2008

battikh

mmmm, not many feedback, so i'll give u again my choice

chose the firebolt, but by elimination, coz i don't want the other 2
-pensieve: it makes it harder to forget some things, makes it harder to move on. that's for good or bad memories that you want to forget or not stop on them too long. as for good memories that you want to remember, most of the time, in our imagination, we have a better version of this memory than what actually happened, and it's nice sometimes to have this "good" memory about something that was not necessarily THAT good. maybe childhood memories, or such thing.

-invisibility cloak: ok, good, you can sneak anywhere you want, see girls in the shower, ... and then? it will kill all the pleasure that we used to have for getting things. you can steal whatever you want, be wherever you want, anytime you want. it kills all the pleasure of gaining these accesses. as a french expression says, "trop de cul tue le cul". and more than that, it would let you see/hear things that would be better if you don't see/hear...

-firebolt: that's the only one that i see without real drawbacks. and it's all fun, exciting, and you can impress the girls much more than the invisibility cloak. what's better? seeing a girl naked or taking her on the back of your firebolt, stop somewhere romantic, and then do it under the stars....

Last edited by battikh (August 7 2008)

#8 August 7 2008

WizaRd

flyingwizard... gief my firebolt pl0x!

#9 August 10 2008

mir

well a nice use of the pensieve would  be to force the political leaders into putting their actual thoughts into the pensieve
and show those to the public
after that organize some big tribunal and send everybody to alaska/ jail/ outerspace /Labs for new bio-technologies.....

in other words, you can achieve world peace if you have a pensieve and put it to a good use 

that looks a lot like a Miss Liban answer  but it is the answer i actually got from a frnd (pretty good answer)

-- btw, so far the invisibility cloak is still leading, pensieve, then firebolt

Last edited by mir (August 10 2008)

#10 August 11 2008

WizaRd

Firebolt is unique, only wizards can have it

#11 August 11 2008

mir

ok ok.. we all got it FlyingWizard
you are a Flying Wizard who want a Firebolt that Wizards can fly... too obvious

btw... aren't you afraid of heights ?

if i had one, i would live the Dream life, the most simple
travel everyday from place to place
and when i need some money i would put some flying show or make some bets.. as simple as this

#12 August 11 2008

WizaRd

#13 August 11 2008

battikh

mir wrote:

and when i need some money i would put some flying show or make some bets.. as simple as this

and easier thing is by being a sky-taxi....

#14 August 11 2008

mir

and if ppl fall from the broom.. hein? what do i do
who will pay kafeleh
there is no insurance for broom taxi drivers
i must equip the broom for safety and such.. so.. nah baleha

i think thrill and touristic rides for a limited type of ppl would do MAYBE

maybe i would transport stuff ... ( think transporter movies )

-- me,battikh and flyingwiz 3eyshina ktir... maheik, lool --

Last edited by mir (August 11 2008)

#15 August 11 2008

WizaRd

Well, my replies are only 1 line since I am not into Role Play ;)

#16 August 11 2008

mir

oh... well the topic is very away from anything to being tech
so will try to keep away from it

I am not into Role Play

oh... excuse me.. who is into mmorpg
doesnt mmorpg stand for : Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing ?

#17 August 12 2008

WizaRd

Yes but they have special servers tagged RP where you should only speak in context of your game character.

Means if you are a little gnome you cannot come out and say in chat "hey man" and stuff like that... I tend to stay away from these servers!

Besides, if you want to consider this RPing.. its in a game not on forums

#18 August 12 2008

crazy

The RP vs nonRP dilemna... what to choose when picking a server to play a mmorpg. I usually go for the RP server, for one main raison: Usually on the RP server, the average age of the players is higher than other. And beleve me, this can influence a lot the whole game experience.
And so what you have to speak in a nice manner with other people, it is part of the game, have a new role, escaping from reality. But hey, you're a hunter if my memory is not betraying me.. hunters and RP ... not so well... go farm!

Oh it is off topic....

Firebolt, I choose it again for another reason now ---> I wana go home!!! a bit sick of montreal and its sick rain in august...

#19 August 12 2008

WizaRd

haha, the main is a warlock.. now hunter and bear tank

Board footer